Saturday, January 05, 2008

Totally Enchanted!

I saw 'Enchanted' last night & loved it! I mean loved loved loved it. I laughed so much. Giselle is the girl I want to be this year. The kind of girl who falls in love with a guy because her heart 'sings' to his. The kind of girl who has a guy 'sing' to her to let her know how he feels. The girl who gets swept up in the moment all because of a reckless, 'fairy tale' love feeling.

I love that girl.

What girl am I? Realist girl. Self-sufficient girl. The 'let's see if this pans out before I even think of considering it real' girl. The 'let him fall for me before I admit anything' girl. Yeah, I know. I have to work on being 'lovey dovey' girl.........'fall head over heels (as long as they are manolos)' girl.

Disney has done it again. I am a BIG fan (total understatement) and know the movies by heart. This incorporated so many of their older films into one. And they used things -- names, people references, homes, theories -- from those films to make this one come alive. There's a tiny house in the woods, animals that help tidy up with a song, poisoned apples, a glass slipper, the stroke of midnight, a dragon, a kiss to wake the 'mostly dead', an evil step-mother, a ball...........oh the list goes on and on. And on.

This movie will be on my "MUST BUY" list so that it is on repeat in my dvd player as soon as it hits shelves. Maybe I will learn a thing or two while it is on repeat so I can be 'head over heels' girl.