Monday, January 14, 2008

Lookin' for love in all the wrong places

Saturday I was beyond tired. Since I had only gotten home close to 2 the night before and then was up bright 'n' early to go to Jersey for the day, I wasn't really ready for another outing Saturday night. But I went. We Found ourselves at Croxxley's. Ful of people but no one to approach, we just hung around and enjoyed sampling some of the different beers on tap.

I tried to talk to one guy when I had gone up to the bar. He leaned into me to get his beer and I said to him "Lucky. I'm trying to get one of those." And he said "Oh, want some of mine?" I told him no, but thank you and then spun around again and said "Well, what did you get?" He actually told me the beer he had and I said I was just kidding. It was my turn to order so I did and walked back past him to the group. He looked in my direction a bit, but didn't make a move. Then he may have been looking at Blonde for a bit, but still no move. Crak, in her bananas tshirt from the Amanda Bynes Collection, said she was ready to bail at 11:00.

So we left and the three remaining went to Churchill's across the street. It was packed in there with some scary groups. We went outside and Blonde and KDP each got a beer. I stood there and froze for a bit. When there was no action and lots of cigar & cigarette smoke, I wanted to go in. The other two went to the ladies' room.....where when two stalls opened up, four women came out---two from each. ?? Is this a frat house party? What the~~? So Blonde made the joke that KDP wasn't going to talk to her anymore because Blonde refused to share the stall. We found this funny. The bouncer heard this a bit as we walked past him and we chated for a moment.

The three of us then found space in the bar area to stand and check out the scenery. And some creepy (and very intoxicated I might add) guy turned to just stare at Blonde. Heeheehee. I found this funny. But it got to the point that it even creeped KDP out so she blocked his view for a bit. Then we saw the bouncer (who is over 40 and has teeth issues) pass by and Blonde stoppe dhim to ask him how he moves around in the crowd so fast. And there he stood. Chatting with us. UGH! So wait---she can stop and talk to this guy but can't approach one she's is interested in? And now we were stuck. He stayed talking to us for too long. Disappeared. Came back. Stayed too long again. I had enough of the creepy men and the lack of interest to even be there on my part & said "It's midnight. I'm ready".

I dropped Blonde off and didn't roll in until close to 1am. Another long day. Another late night. A good way to end my winter break.