Wednesday, January 30, 2008

On My "Being Famous" Rant. Again.

I had an appointment yesterday out in Bayshore. I got to the office and rang the bell to be admitted to the building. I walk in and turn to see the receptionist to let them know I had arrived for my 3:00. And she looks at me & I look at her.

You know where this is going.

She said "I know you". I said "I know you too. From where?" She asked me if I had gone to Bethpage high school. I said no, but hat I had been a permanent sub there ten years ago. She was one of the monitors at the high school. UGH!

It's so weird that no mater where I go........Penn Station............41st & 6th ave in Manhattan.................Roosevelt Field..............Panera in Riverhead....... an office in Bayshore..................I see someone who knows me in some capacity. Great. But do I have papparazzi following me? Am I making millions a year? Nope. But I expereince what's it like to not have anonymity almost every day. And for what I make.......the clubs that won't allow Crak & me in (still blaming that on the math prof.)......being a tanger reject.............this just isn't working.

Somebody, make me famous!