Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's Christmas In January

Crak and I have hung out this holiday season. Just not one-on-one. Which meant we did not exchange gifts until Monday. That's fine, but weird since we did see a lot of eachother in December.

We met at CPK and began to debate just what to get for lunch. There are always 12 things on their menu between which I can never decide what to get. We agreed to order first and open presents after. I got a delicious chicken corn chowder and waldorf salad. Easy enough. And so filling.

We opened gifts. I gave her ornaments from Hawaii, chocolate, and a keychain that is a digital frame that will hold 62 pictures. I had loaded it ahead of time so that it was not this empty thing in a box. Ah, such fun memories of 2007.

She gave me a notepad with the Eiffel Tower on it, an insulated bag (which will be so handy with work) and two cool tags: one of the Eiffel Tower and another of Vegas. Very kitchy and so me. I loved them.

The food came rather fast and we ate. And ate. And ate. And talked. And laughed. A lot. We caught up on what's been happening in the boy department...me nothing...her some action. Lucky!

We talked about our trip for the year. Goin' to TN baby! That's right. Road trippin' for us this year since neither of us may have a job come September. I say she will. Myself, I am not too sure about.

We talked about schedules and how we are, once again, opposite. It has been that way forever. And yet we still manage to have a life. Go figure.

Two hours later..........and a very slow server who apparently did not want us to pay our bill, we left. I was so tired from eating so much and laughing nonstop. That's an afternoon for us, though. Nothing new. Nothing exciting. And always a good time.