Sunday, January 06, 2008

Surprise! I'm Not 22!

I went to a surprise party for my neighbor's milestone number in the afternoon. I got to see Love Thy Neighbor.....who drove home from Elmira that morning and went straight to the restaurant to set up for the event for her mom.

I got to see so many of the relatives (from their family) that I have not seen in ages! And I got to meet people that I have only heard about over the years but never come to an event. As I spoke to each one, they'd ask "So you went to school with LTN, right?" Or "So did you find a job yet? I understand LTN just got her's a month ago!" And then I'd correct them and say "I'm her neighbor. I didn't go to school with her. And, yes, I have a job". To which they'd reply, "So where did you go to school, dear?"

And then I'd say "I'm a decade older than LTN" and their faces would drop. I loved it! I pointed out to her that this was either really really good for me or absolutely horrendous for her. We agreed to go with good for me.

I do not look remotely 22........chalk it up to great lighting? I don't know. But I wish this feeling of sensationalism lasted longer than it did.