Sunday, January 06, 2008

Something to Ponder? Or Another Excuse?

KDP, Crak, Blonde, and I found ourselves back at Honu last night. When KDP got into my car, she asked me why we were going there on a Saturday. She refreshed my memory that Saturydas aren't good in Huntington. It's filled with old people, couples, or old couples groping eachother. ew.



But, it had been awhile and Blonde had sent an email saying she had the urge to go. So, we went.



We met at Honu and found couples. Old couples. Public displays of affection couples. And not in the sweet way. We hung around there for a bit and then decided the place was a bust and went over to Meehans...............to see if the crowd was any better & to check out CherryMan.



It wasn't crowded there either. Hmmm....where are all of the signle, trendy people on Saturdays? They have eluded us yet again.



Anyway, I digress. We stood around......talked.........got free shots a-la-Cherryman & his flair. Then, some guy squeezes in behind me and orders drinks. With that, he (to quote him) infiltrates the group. Vic and his friend, Bear, began chatting us up. They were both very nice and interesting. Vic, who I thought took a liking to KDP, said it's really hard to go into a group of four attractive women. He pointed out that he had walked past us 'like 8 times' and we had not noticed him. KDP & Crak did and I guess weren't intrigued enough to trip him or something. He was nice. His friend, Bear (given the nickname by some woman who bummed a cigarette off of him) was quite attractive! He kept pointing out how he was short, though, as htis would bother us or something. With Blonde the tallest at like 5'4'' along with KDP, I don't see how his being 5'5'' was a big deal. Bear & Blonde chatted a bit.

Then he disappeared & came back and began talking with me. He asked me if I like baseball and then said "Please say youa re a Mets fan so I can ask you for your number".

?

I siad I was only for the fact that when the Yankees are paying to one team what ten other teams in the leauge pay out combined, it really isn't a fair game any longer and there should never be a question about them making it to the World Series.....it should be a given. And then there was a bit of confusion......Cherryman gave us eacha rose from some guy who came in to the bar selling them. So, I said to KDP at what was now 1:30am "Let's go". If Bear couldn't make his move then I was not waiting. Besides, he had gotten other women's numbers earlier on from another bar. How do I know? Those same women followed them from Bar 1 to our location.

KDP started off the drive home with "Do you think Vic was right about not being able to come up to our group?" I had been mulling it over, too, but there have been so many times that we've gone out and stood ina row, in a wide circle, in a tight circle, had two of us walk away, yadda yadda yadda, and nothing has ever come of it. We are always standing there laughing, making eye contact, and having a good time. Who, in their right mind, wouldn't want to come up to our group?

KDP and I got back to my house after 2am.........I called Crak to find out if Blonde had given her number to Bear and she had. Crak gave her's to Vic. KDP and I were salvaging light up reindeer from someone's curb. That's right. Someone a block away had put out two of those white light up reindeer and I couldn't see them being thrown out. So we had to do this drive by and pick up thing to get them home to my house. The whole thing was quite comical. Not to mention taht I put them in the backyard and my father found them the next day and wondered why (or how) his two had run from the front to the back.

So, the first weekend of '08 was fun and amusing. If this keeps up, the dating slogan just may live up to what I hope.