Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Visit With The Madame

KDP & I went to the outer-reaches of Harlem today to shop at the Madame Alexander Company Store sale. So worth the trip! There were too many dolls to choose from & one was prettier than the next. I have collectible dolls, not many, but enough & wanted to actually buy a M.A. doll. I have a prototype from a friend who used to work for them, but that's it. And, with the dolls being 50-60% off, who could resist?

There was a tour bus, that pulled up just as we did, from Boston. I had a blast at this thing, but I would not have travelled four and a half hours for it. Scratch that...yes I would. I have travelled that distance for many other things, so I guess I am lying.

KDP bought a doll for her mom---to replace one (sort of) that she had "played with" when she was MUCH younger. She also got her a collectible statue. And, since KDP is a follower of the "1-4" rule, she bought two adorable dolls for herself. I love KDP's rules & did the same. I found two (well, actually five) that I wanted. One is the "Country Club" doll & the other is the "Fantasia Ballerina". They have the sale again on soon & I want the Cissy doll in the parisian ensemble. Oh--gotta start saving!

We drove all the way down to the Time-Warner building at Colombus Circle & had lunch at Bouchon. We got to sit right by the edge that overlooks the city & KDP even let me have the seat that faced 59th St. so I could watch Manhattan go by. AWESOME! We then trapsed all the way down to 46th & 5th so that we could go to Build-A-Bear & I finally built my "friend to be made" & she looks somewhat like me. I am such a big kid.

The highlight of the day, for me, was the chocolate bouchon I bought to go. Yummy & going back for more next week!