Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Relationship That Isn't

So, I hung out at Peof Crau's place on Satuday night. We decided to take it easy since everything else is non-stop in our lives. I have been fighting with (and losing to, I must say) a migraine that just doesn't quit. It wipes me out completely & I am of no use with it. She had received "The Aviator" on her queue from Netflix & wanted to watch. I did not want to see this movie, but figured we never hang out in a mellow manner & this was perfect. We are always running around & never really accomplishing anything, so it was nice to sit & relax. She said we would make wine spritzers & snack on stuff while watching. Now she's talking my language! She had broken up with TLS back on my anniversary, but he had recently returned from Fla and brought back a wine she & I had tried while on a cruise to Key West last year. Watermelon wine. FANTASTIC.

I had to pick up Sprite & Tostitos on my way over, which seemed simple enough. I entered Waldbaum's and found both items immediately. I walk up to the registers & found eight people on one line. Not one customer had a small order. UGH! I had to wait sooooo long for these people, their coupons, and someone still writing a check in the archaic fasion -- with an actual checkbook. Hello! It's the 21st century & we have check/debit cards for this purpose. Get on with it already.

Okay~~So I arrived at Crau's place (late thanks to the check writing woman)& got the grand tour of her redecorating ventures...new furniture & everything! She had it set up so cute.....totally jealous. We watched the movie but spent most of the 2 hours & 45 minutes confused. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought this movie to be a Peter Jackson flick.......2 hrs & 45 min for what? A movie that just stops--not ends? I was frustrated with this & remember why I had been avoiding the film in the first place.

We talked briefly after the movie about our upcoming trip to Munich. We still have no clue as to what we are doing there. We just pray that the snow will melt before we arrive. I left aorund 12 and drove home to my empty house. It's so odd how you hear EVERY noise when you are the only one in the home, yet the same noises take place when everyone else is there. Security is such a nice thing.

My mother had pointed out to me this past week that I am doing quite nicely for someone who is not in a relationship. I am busy all of the time & can't find time to get to the things that I want to do that require me sitting down for a stretch to work on them. I really am doing well without a relationship. I am out three or four nights a week--not work-related. I am going to shows, restaurants, bookstores, musicals, poetry readings....soon to be at art galleries..., parties, and all of the spring seasonal activities that are taking place locally. I don't know how I'd fit in a relationship. I get so much from my friends, but find that I am craving someone to hold me. Now, I am sure they'd give me a hug, but it's not the same. I talked about this with Cowboy on the phone last night. Okay, I actually cried about this to him on the phone last night. I wish I did have that "someone" to go out with, eat meals with, and have hold me after a long day.

Ah~~at least I am too busy having fun to realize this.