Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Men Are A Mystery

NYU had given me his phone number last week. I then sent him mine & explained that I am "old-fashioned" and prefer the man to make the first move. He asked me why there's a 3 in my screen name. I emailed him that it is for my birthday. He asked when it was & what I was going to be doing. I told him. He doesn't call. When does he finally call? Sunday night at 9:00 pm. I was sick & watching the Oscars in bed & did not hear the phone ring. I listened to the message on Monday & called back on my ride home from work. The machine picked up & I left what I thought was a "perky" message. He has yet to email or call me back. Now, when Scojen emailed him about me he sent me an email almost immediately. The first two were returned quickly. Then it became the waiting game. I'd send one & he'd take three days to reply. So, I figured I'd take two or three to reply as well. He called & the mesage sounded as if he wanted to chat. I call & leave a similar message, cuirous to actually talk to him. I don't get it. They act interested. They say they want a woman who works, can have a conversation, thinks for herself, and earns her own paycheck. When they get the chance to interact with one, what do they do? Nothing. They don't write. They don't call. Nothing.

I feel like I am Cher in the movie "Clueless". She goes out to the club with Christian on a Friday night & they listne to the Mighty(x2) Bosstones & dance. At the end he says to her "You are a down girl. I'll call you tomorrow". Cut to the next scene. She is packing her father's suitcase for a business trip & the phone rings. It's Christian. Cher says "Christian said he'd call the next day, but in boy time, that meant Thursday". Is that what this is? "Boy time"?

When you hit the age of maturity (whatever that may be for you) one returns a call when he or she is interested in another person. So, this is not looking good for me. I mean if he's away or something, then fine. But if it's one of those "Oh, I was really busy"....lines then whatever. I can't be bothered with games. Either you want to get the show on the road or you don't. Either way, let me know.