Monday, March 27, 2006

The Different Impressions of the Same Event by Both Genders

I spoke with Scojen...the infamous matchmaker...about my "date" (oh--don't call it that) with NYU on Thursday. Remember, he ate the nachos & ALL of the sourcream? Yeah--didn't think I had to remind you. He sent me a lame email that did not have my name at the top...it just began "It was nice to finally meet you & Peof Crau. I hope you got home safe. NYU" That was it. I figured good, he isn't interested in me & all is right with the world once again. Until Scojen tells me that he emailed her about the encounter. She received a longer email than I did. My name was in the subject line of the email to her......my email from him had no subject at all. CLUNKY! He has the first 1/2 of an English PhD and can't figure out how to use words. He said that he finally met me (& friend) and that I was nice ("and pretty!") ...duh... ;) and that we may meet again. When did we say we'd meet again? During the awkward goodbye where I tried to shake his hand & he hugged me? When I bolted for the train? Is that when? Or was it when I received the socially inept email that said NOTHING? I left thinking "he was nice but thank god I don't have to do that again". It now seems that he left with notions that there would be a second meeting. Drat! Why am I cursed with such charisma?