Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Short Goodbye & Another Knot

I had to say goodbye to MIU last night. We met up at Starbucks & sat for our last caramel macchiato together. He & Mr. Baseball leave for Cali. on Wednesday of next week. (insert tear here). I am sad to see him go as our friendship was growing & who is going to sit and tell me things about beer, hot sauce, and explain men? But the two of them are happy to set out on this new adventure & phase in their lives. I wish them well & at the same time envy them because they have eachother & are willing to take the risk. I don't have that risk-taker thing in me & wish I did at times. I'd probably still be with Cowboy if I had that quality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a message from Gameboy on Monday night. All it said was to call him back. So I did. I now had to leave him a message. He called back but I was asleep & left another telling me to call him. ??? He NEVER calls. I always have to call & he will call back. That's how it works with him. That is one of the things that annoyed me when we dated. Anyway, I decided to call him Tuesday morning on my way to work. I siad "Hey! I am returning your call. What's up?" He said "Nothing. I called just to say 'hi'". ??? (insert confused look here). "Umm....you called to say 'hi'? Really?" "Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

So we chatted a bit and teased one another & he said we have to do Friday again. He then told me how he's going away on two weeks for the weekend. I said "That's nice. Why was I not invited?" He said "Because you go away like every three weeks!" (Which was true last year but not this year.)

My question is: why is he telling me that he'll be away two weeks from now? This was not a "hey I am going away" thing. This was a "I want you to know I won't be here in two weeks because I am going away for the weekend."

I mentioned this to MIU & he smiled..............laughed to himself (at my expense) ......................................and said "Yeah. There are knots in this."

GREAT!