Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sandy Beach Martinis Lead to Phone Calls Where You Believed There Was A "No Strings" Policy But A Knot May Have Formed

I met up with KDP for the third time in 3 days & went to a martini bar down in Long Beach. Angel Fish is a cute little restaurant with a bar that has stools & nice leather couches for minglers & smoochers to congregate. We got there around 10 last night & it was pretty empty. She ordered a Razza-tini and I had a Sandy Beach......something with Malibu, some other liquor, orange & pineapple juice. If a sandy beach were edible, this is what it would taste like.

We hung around for about 2 hours talking & chatting & texting Elaine, who asked me to break up the monotomy of her date and then didn't answer. I went back to KDP's apt for about 45 minutes & then got on the road to head home.

I called Gameboy, as I have been with a buzz going on, and reminded him I had his pen from Tuesday night. He said come over. I said okay. Things were fun but went futher than expected. What I mean by that last statement is this: We laughed & talked & he held me like he did the other night while we relaxed together. Then it began. "Do you remember that Valentine's Day when..............." and "Do you know I found the ticket stub to the concert we went to at MSG" and "I remember that night we went to......... and you were wearing.........."

I asked him how he remembers all of this. He said he remembers things that are special and important to him. So I asked how his other ex-gfs react when he can recall so much. He said he doesn't do this for them. I asked why and he said because they don't stand out as much.

.......................................................

I asked him if he's okay with this situation. He said he's fine with it as long as I am. I asked him how many other exes he's helping out this way. None. He "said" he has had offers & requests, but doesn't want to. I asked why not. He said he has his reasons. Then he went back to recalling things from six years ago and I laid there smiling and listening to him.

I left there at 2:45 to go home and didn't fall asleep until well after 4. I am tired. I am nervous. I was happy with the arrangement. However, I may be reading into it too much or I may be right, but I think he's not looking at this as "long-term fun" but a stepping stone to something. I hope not.

BUT---can I tell you one of my favorite things of all time? Waking up the next morning to smell a guy's cologne in my hair. I haven't had that since September and it was so nice. It is one of the things that can put an instant smile on my face. I have to remember to thank Gameboy for that.