Monday, January 22, 2007

Melancholy & The Infinite............Nonexistent Relationship

So Match is becoming a bust completely. People are weird and liars and some are even trying to pursue something with me when my profile says I am looking for long term and they just want to "hook up". Can't people read? I guess not.

I had a beautiful dream last night about a dinner date Cowboy & I had ages ago. Reality: we went out to dinner and were talking & while we were chatting he asked to see a ring of mine that I had been wearing. I slipped it off & he looked at it. I was glancing around the restaurant and while I wasn't paying attention, he slipped a ring back onto my finger. It felt odd & a bit bigger than the one I had been wearing. I looked at my hand and it was this pretty white gold ring with three flowers shaped out of various colored sapphires. It was so sweet & so romantic & such a surprise because it wasn't an anniversary or a holiday or my birthday. It was a "just because". My dream was identical & for the first time since late november I woke up soooooooooooo happy. Then I got up out of bed & reality kicked me in the head. I realized I am not with him. I realize he is holding someone else. It struck me that I can't even call him to share this wonderful memory because he has moved on with life & I am still stuck on him.

I want the pain to end but it's intensifying. And I know the story is getting old but this is 4 1/2 years of my life that I thought would be leading to something different. Not flying solo again. And why are people so sucky?