Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cop #1 Mr. Sarcasm

So I've been chatting online with Mr. Sarcasm since Sunday night. He seemed okay and asked if I'd like to talk on the phone. Sure! So he gave me his # and I called it yesterday on the way back to work. We talked for a bit. He is very sarcastic & that's all well & good, but if I don't know you and you don't know me, things can be misconstrued.

So, I try to get him off the phone because I have to go to class. He doesn't seem to understnad this. I am being as clear and direct as a gal can be: "My class starts in 3 minutes and I have to get going. It's the first night." "Oh yeah? Where do you teach? What class are you getting ready to teach?" .....(Because I am in my cube getting ready to literally run)"I'll tell you at another time. I really must be going. You can call me later or tomorrow if you want." "Why? Don't you want to talk to me now?" I politely said "I have to go. Talk to you soon."

So he calls later on last night....10ish. We talk a bit more. He likes to talk about himself & each time I ask a question he rambles on for a few moments and then says "So why aren't you talking?" I respond "What would you like me to say?" and he then goes into another story. So interest is solely with him....about him....whatever. He never did ask me about my job or class or school again.

He asked me if I have any siblings & I said yes & told him how we went to the outlets for the day on Sunday. He asked "Did you buy me anything?" I said "Wait 'til you see" (my first jump at sarcasm with this guy). He said "I got you something, too." I said "Oh yeah? What?" and he says "The same thing I gave you last year" and begins to crack up.

I am not laughing because I don't find this funny. As a matter of fact, I plain just don't get it. So he says "C'mon! That was funny!" I said "No, it wasn't". With that, there's a moment or two of silence and he says "So, you don't want to talk anymore? Don't you get sarcasm?" I said "I didn't say I don't want to talk anymore. I did not know where to move the conversation." Now he starts getting a bit much for me & I finally said "Look, if you don't want to talk that's fine. There's no loss on either of our parts. It's a phone call to a virtual stranger." To which he says "So, what? You can't joke around?"

We left off shortly after. He asked if he could take me out to dinner and I said we agreed to coffee. He got mad at that. I pointed out that if this is a problem, that's okay. Again, no loss for either of us. He asked if he could call me today. I said that would be fine, if he wants to.

I got an email today ......................6:00 am "Wishing you a good morning :) "

Sweet? Stalker? Possessive already? You tell me.