Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Get Out Of the Inn On Taco Tuesday For It Is Filled With Jerks

Comtinuing my New Year's resolution of "take every offer to go out" and "2007--year of the buzz", I met up at 9pm with KDP for Taco Tuesday. She goes to the bar with a friend from work for $1 tacos (choice of beef, chicken, or bean) and a few beers. I was lucky enough to join them last evening. Or so I thought.

I had to work until 8:30 last night & Long Beach is a 1/2 hour's ride from where I am. So I didn't get there until.....as stated......9. We go into the bar & it seems promising. There's her friend & she's with 4 guys.......2 of whom are cute. I am introduced to KDP's friend, Lavelle, and her "non" boyfriend......Self-proclaimed loser. He used another word that begins with a "p", but that's not my style. They aren't together but she wants to date him & he's too immature to want to date just her & spent much of the night flirting with three other women at the other end of the bar. I mean literally got up & went over to them for lengthy periods of time. Self-Proclaimed was his "usual" self, according to Lavelle. He was saying innapropriate things & laughing......37 but acts like a 15 year-old who knows mom won't hear what he's saying.

I didn't find him funny, but laughed and banered with him to be nice & fit in. The first thing I heard about him, after his proclamation, is that his is small but he knows how to use it. I said "Well, that's good for you then. And the women in your life, right?" and he continued on abouthis apparatus. Whatever.

I chatted with KDP & was ready to go at 10:30 so I could drop her off & be home by 11/11:15. Nope. 12:15 is when we left. And the only reason KDP was ready to go was an argument had begun between me and Self-Proclaimed. He was arguing ith Lavelle about talking to the women & KDP was nowhere in sight. He turns to look at me and says "Do you shave?" Now, going on the other things he had said & I just shrugged off by giggling and bantering with him to get rid of him, I did not expect htis & it went too far. The bartender (who knows SP well because the guy is there all of the time) says "What the hell are you doing? That's enough already." So I looked at SP and just smiled and pretended I had no idea what he was talking about. He says is again and I leaned in and said "I don't get it" and tried to let it go. He now gets louder and says "Cmon, what is it? Mohawk, hitler, or....(insert knocking on the bar here)"?

I finally lean in because I had enough and the 2 cute guys who were with him stopped because they heard this question & were looking at me. I said "F you" and sat back. He says "That's not an answer. We want to know". I said "That was an answer. And here's more. You really are a P... and you've now gone too far". He leaves for the men's room....and Lavelle says "Don't be mad. This is him. He's funny. Just don't be mad." I said "I'm not mad. I tried to let him get it that I wasn't answering and he pushed. Don't think I am mad but that was enough". KDP comes back & SP is right behind her & he says "I just said to KDP that you hate me and I think your arrogant anyway". I said "That's nice. You can proclaim yourself to be a P and that's funny too, but when you go too far it's the other person who is whatever and nothing on you".

He then decides to talk to the two cute guys and leave us alone. Or not. He turns back and says he wants to apologize and puts out his hand. I said that was fine but I was not shaking his hand. This offends him more. I said to KD that I had enough and was going home. It was now 12:10. We go to leave and say goodbye to Lavelle who says "That's just him" while he is yelling goodbye obnoxiously. The cute guys turn & say goodbye too. Where the heck were they during this? Why didn;t they talk with us instead?

So I drop KDP off & we chat about this for a moment & she says he is a jackass & this is how men are. I said "This is not how men are. Cowboy would not behave this way tinfront of me & towards a woman he doesn't know. Gameboy wouldn't do this. JW? MIU? My brother & his friends? Guys I know would NEVER do this. She needs to raise her standards. This guy is 37, divorced, has 2 kids, trets her like crap because she thinks that's all she's worht, and this is why HE is that way."

I wanted to cry the whole way home. I miss Cowboy because these guys are such losers. I had chatted with Gameboy on the drive out & called him when I was close to home to vent. He said come over. So I went by him for 1/2 hour to vent & ended up crying while he held me. He didn't have to do that. We made out a bit, too. But he said that was to cheer me up. It worked. I got home around 2:30 and couldn't fall asleep until almost 3am.

Now I have to go to Briar & Sunny Farms from 8:15-7 tonight. I am so tired & miserable now that I am not sure how to do this.