Monday, July 10, 2006

More like 101 Degrees

So, I was able to score tickets to the taping of the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks performances of Lionel Richie & Nick Lachey. The taping was on Sunday night at the Waterfront Plaza at 8 pm. I offered a ticket to my mom who adores Nick & has seen Lionel Richie in concert. She mentions this to my dad & two of the 4 tickets are now gone. Thanks. I offered the 4th ticket to Crau because she's up for stuff like that & anything free. So, we picked her up last week & headed in to Manhattan. For some odd reason, I remember the fireworks show being held on the west side of the island. So I just figured that is where the Water Plaza would be as well. So my dad zips us over to the other side...my mother all the while panicking that we won't make it in time. Well....there is nothing but a construction site on the west side at 27th & FDR. Hmmmmm. Guess I should have looked this up. But, I also was under the impression that the FDR was only on the west side....how am I supposed to know it runs BOTH sides of the island. So we get back to the east side & it's raining. It was gorgeous all weekend & now it rains? Not just rain, mind you. Lightening as well. Great. I get the free opportunity to see Nick & his amazing biceps up close & it may not happen? UGH!

We were held in a room with a smaller crowd than I anticipated & candy. What was to start at 8:30 pm only began at 9:40ish. and there he was. All of him. Oooooooooooooo. So goodlooking! He sang his song. Twice. Then they filmed the crowd (us) for the playback. Then he left. But--ew(!)--there were quite a few men in our section blocking our view a bit & dancing. I thought they were there with girls & just mocking it. Nope. They were there as a group themselves to see Nick. One guy who had to be about 6' tall was right infront of me & kept backing into me as he was dancing. Umm...buddy....it doesn't work that way. And stop dancing! There's no room to dance! LIke Nick would want him anyway. When Nick left, so did quite a few of the men in our section. Ah--breathing room. And just in time for Lionel Richie. He did his new song (title slips my mind at the moment) and then "All Night Long" & had the whole crowd singing along. So good. He was very peppy up on stage.

The rain held out for the concert & we had a ball. Such a good time. My mom had the most fun, if you ask me. She remarked a number of times after we dropped off Crau that she "got to see Nick....up close......he's so darling". My dad enjoyed it simply for the fact he loves to take pictures of anything going on around him. So he was snapping away. I couldn't focus on much the next few hours because the sight of Nick Lachey had my temperature rising. Gotta love being in the Nick fan club & living in NY. Where else could you have a night like this?