Friday, July 21, 2006

Dining in Style

These past two weeks were Restaurant Week in the city. My mom & I participated back in February by going to Tavern on the Green. It was wonderful. So we went to the Tavern again this time.

It's just so upscale movie-like in my eyes. It's ornate....a bit gaudy...and just so picturesque but my words don't begin to do it justice. I love it. My mom does too.

Anyway, they have a prix-fix menu of $24.07 for lunch (as opposed to the $35 one they normally run). The price represents the hours that NYC operates. We had lobster bisque as the appetizer. Roasted chicken was my main course with amazing potatoes & some tomato dressing while my mother had the lamb shank. We finished off with chocokate mousse cake & fresh berries. The cake was very good but the berries hit the spot!

Last time we dined inside & this time we ate in the garden. oh so pretty. I even found out that they have happy hours on Tuesdays & Thursdays out in the garden in the summer. I have to go.

I would die a happy gal if I could spend one cool summer evening sipping a martini in their garden.