Friday, July 28, 2006

Coffee & Conversation

I was fortunate enough to finally touch base & meet up with the MIU. I think the last time he & I sat down was some time in April. Here it is, the end of July, and so much time has passed.

We met up at our usual Starbucks location. I have gone over two weeks without Starbucks & was totally craving the iced caramel macchiato. We met around 7:30 and as we walked up to the door, he holds it open & points out that "chivalry is not dead" and I am allowed to proceed through. Now, he would have held the door anyway, because he is a gentleman & has good manners (not to mention a good upbringing), but did this because of my post about EJ from last week.

We ordered our iced coffees & he paid (again.......I am so paying the next time! ...thank you again) and grabbed a table. It was so empty there & nice because we could actually hear one another. But not for long. It filled in so quickly and was packed and a bit loud for me. But, that's okay. We had a good spot & I could have sat there all evening.

We talked about our new businesses. Yes, MIU has incorporated with two friends. And is going back to school. And works a full-time job. And is interviweing. And has a girlfriend. And hangs out with friends. He is a busy man! He actually has me beat out with juggling activities & responsibilities. And that isn't too easy to do.

We talked non-stop for over two hours. We've gone longer, but I had to meet my brother (who booked me for a time & never does that so it had to be pretty important). The MIU is easy to talk with. We can go on & on for hours & not really breathe much. It's amazing. One plan he mentioned is moving to the left side. If it happens, who will I have 3+ hours of conversations with? All things seem to finally be falling into place for him, and this is very good because it's a long time coming. So, we left with a "have to do this again sooner" & we will. We have to because Cali is far to drive for coffee.

I did manage to ask him my "question of the month" that I have asked a few people. And that would be "what's wrong with me?" I can't get a date. I don't even know where to find one. And the miserable two (potential 3rd that never materialized) are not setting up a good future or even giving me hope. BLAH! He didn't have an answer for me. Well, he did, but it's the same one I have gotten from others~~"Nothing". Well, if there's nothing wrong with me, then why am I sitting home on 'date night'? Hmmm.........this is one to ponder.