Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Literacy Campaign

I should run for some political office & literacy would have to be my platform. I know you are tired of hearing my rants about students who do not read (yet another tale from the last week of teaching that I could share but will spare you) but why is it that people don't do this simple task that has been taught to many of us since we were two-ish or three years old? Crak sent me an email telling me I had to look at the emails sitting in our website's box. I had just checked it the day before & wasn't planning on looking again for another day or two, but when she says to look, I do. We had an email from some dealer who is selling diamonds from Africa & "you too can get in on the ground floor of this operation". Ummm.......did you even bother to read the email address that you are sending this crap to? The other odd one was from a father who needs a tutor for his son. They live somehwere on the west coast (completely slips my mind at the moment & I will probably never recall it anyway so just go with me. I do know that there were three time zones between.) Anyway, he is transferring to China (or some eastern country~~again, not going to recall it anyway) and his son is going to live with relatives in Raleigh & he will still need a tutor. Hello? Can you read the site that you looked at and used to contact us? We do not have anything about tutoring on the site. We do not travel to meet you & family members if you are outside of Nassau County. Sir, it's not just your son who needs a tutor, now is it? I'll have to confer with my partner but I do not believe we are offering family package plans.