Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Your 'Good Intentions Are The Same As Sending Me Daisies Through The Phone

I talked to Cowboy on Sunday. He said he'd call me on Monday at 8pm my time. I expected him to call. Why? Because I expect people to call when they say they will. He didn't call. Whatever.

He called tonight at 8pm my time. I answered. He said he was sorry about yesterday and not calling me. I said that it was fine. He said "No. I really feel bad." I pointed out that he couldn't feel too bad since he didn't call. He said he stayed home sick with a violent migraine. I understand those, as I have suffered from some. I said he could have texted me but he didn't. Therefore, I do not think he feels that bad. He said he didn't want me to be mad & he knew I was. Umm. Nope.

He said I could have called him. I told him I was not mad and that I would not have called since I was going off of his directive. And I pointed out that I am not his girlfriend. Maybe I would have called him if I was his girlfriend, but even then its debatable. I pointed out that I amnot his ex either, and that she may have called....well she would have called five times.......but that's not me.

He said he had the best intentions of calling. I said he could have sent me daisies through the phone because its the same thing. Crak knows what that means. But, to explain it, it goes something like this: A coworker was involved with a guy. It was her birthday. Her favorite flower is the daisy. He could have sent her a birthday card with a daisy on it. He could have sent her real daisies. But because he was cheap, thoughtless, and spending the money on pot, he called & said "This is me sending you daisies through the phone". She thought it was sweet. I thought it was the cheapskate's way out. Loser. And Cowboy knew this.

Bottom line is when you say you are going to call, don't have 'good intentions', don't say you wish you had. Just call. And if you are not well enough to call, text me that you can't talk & I will call you the next day to see how you are feeling.

Keep your friggin' daisies.