Saturday, June 09, 2007

4 out of 4 & 'he doesn't have wings'.............

Last night found KDP & me on Rte. 110. I know it well by day & am learning it quickly by night. Cameron had left me that message two days ago that he'd be working & I should 'stop by' to hang out for a bit. I wanted KDP's opinion, so being the good sport that she is, she agreed to haul it out to Huntington.

We went in to Lawful Fish and sat down at the bar. He took a minute to catch the fact that I was sitting there waiting to be waited on. He came over, big grin, and asked what I was doing. So I told him that I felt bad that I had not called or texted him back & figured I'd stop by on my way to Blue Honu. KDP liked him instantly. She thinks he's cute. She, like Crak, thought he was funny, too.

He told us their specialty drinks and KDP settled on a Lemon Drop martini while I had the White Wine Sangria. He had raved about it Tuesday night & I am always up for a sweet drink that the bartender chats up.

We stayed there for about an hour, talking & laughing. When it was time to leave, I asked for the check & he shook his head like I was speaking a foreign language. I explained what a bill is and he shook his head in confusion. KDP excused herself at this point to 'wash her hands' and as she so gracefully put it 'to let the two of you argue this for a bit in private'. Yeah. Thanks.

He refused money so I left him a very big tip while he wasn't looking. I know I'll get the ticked off call later. I just won't answer. He insisted on walking us out....which I tried so hard to avoid (truly no sarcasm there)....and he said goodbye to KDP with a peck on the cheek & I got the kiss on the lips & a "I'll call you tomorrow". See? That's how I know the ticked off call will be coming.

KDP thought he was great & said if I don't want him, she'll be more than happy to help herself. Crak had said the same thing. I just feel bad. No spark. Not even a little static electricity.

We left there and headed to BH. When we did our 'walk through', we saw that the crowd had already 'coupled up' and it was an older and not so good-looking crowd. I passed by Mr. Finance's brother,who looked at me again like I am crazy for being there. There was no chatting this time. Finance was not there and neither was Crak's aggressive Tarzan. This suited me just fine, although I wuoldn't mind Finance seeing me talking to someone else, like Tarzan did Crak. Just to get things riled up a bit.

We found our way to the bar & ordered drinks. There was an empty bar stool so I slid it over & sat down. This greasy guy, who reminded me of the character Joe Jr. from "While You Were Sleeping" said 'Hey--that's my stool". Meanwhile, he was standing next to it with his back to it and it was pushed away from him. He had just walked over & there didn't seem to be a claim on it. So I said "I didn't see you sitting on it nor a jacket or anything holding it, so I figured it was free". "Yeah, well I am saving it for a girl". I said "Well, what am I? I am a girl." So I stayed seated.

While seated, a guy started talking, quite familiarly, with the bartender. KDP kept nodding in his direction that he was on the cute side (too short but cute) & I should get off the stool and talk to him. So I did. I leaned in and said that I was sorry for eavesdropping, but he had said BH will be closed the next 3 weeks and I wanted to know more. We ended up chatting awhile. He works in Public Relations & moved from Manhattan to Hunt. a year ago. He sounds interesting, but seems too shy for PR.

I had sent a text to Mayo since he yelled at me the other night for not inviting him out with us. He showed up 15 minutes later. He & KDP chatted while I kept the new PR guy company. Mayo wanted to to go Finleys & thats where PR's female friends (he's in the Mayo position apparently) were still dancing & drinking. So the 4 of us hauled it over to Finleys where we had to pay some dumb cover. I am not into going to places where I have to pay a cover. But it was only $5 so I guess I shouldn't gripe.

We went outside & chatted a bit more. PR was just sitting there, looking a bit out-of-place so I tried getting him to tell me more about himself. I even told him he could go back to hanging out with his female friends & he said he was fine with us. Ummm.....okay. That was not the vibe I got at all. But what do I know seeing as I have picked real winners each time.

Mayo bailed on us close to 1am & KDP & I decided it'd be good to get going, too. PR followed us inside & waited outside of the ladies' room with me for KDP. He then --(painfully) FINALLY -- said "So would you want to hang out sometime?" I said that would be nice & gave him my number. I'm not counting on a call, seeing as I felt like a desireable sweater that will be forgotten in a day or two. Oh well. Still--4 out of 4 at BH is pretty good!

On the way home, KDP & I hashed the guys I have been talking with over the last 3 months. I told her I am not attracted to any of them. I said the only one I really had looked forward to going out with was Mr. Finance. She said that part of it is because I still think of Cowboy was a fall-back plan. Not to mention that these other guys don't have the 'wings'.................to which I almost hit a tree because my head jerked in her direciton so fast because I had no idea what she was talking about & was now wondering just how sober she was. Ah--she was sober.....but beyond tired. She meant 'arms' because I drool every time I mention Finance's arms. These other guys don't have them. Well, they all have two arms....but not the hang upside down from your biceps kind that I love love love so much. And she pointed out that I also like the Mechanic because he's safe in the idea that he is hot and has 'wings' but it will never be anything other than him as a piece of eye candy for me to enjoy.

Could she be right? Is that my issue? Deep down do I really just want to stay single? I hope not. Is it that Cowboy is who I want but am willing to fill the void with whatever yahoo comes along for now? Oh how sad!