Sunday, June 24, 2007

Going 'Public'

Friday night found KDP, Crak, and me in the city. We were headed to Public House, to see what all of the fuss was about. After 1 & 1/2 hrs of transit, we entered the dark establishment. It was pretty empty at 9pm when we arrived, yet filled in quick with many men. All looked as if it held for a promising evening.

We ordered from their specialty menu. I ended up having a Cherry Margarita. I am not a margarita fan (its the lime tang that I don't like) and it was strong! It took me forever to finish it. Crak had called the Werewolf Hair-like guy, Karate Hottie, and Joemayo to come out & join us. I don't see the werewolf hair reference at all. Karate Hottie was cute, in his own stressed-from-studying way, and Mayo was Mayo. All nice, all cramping our style from meeting new men, and all with hands stamped with a blue star that gave them access to open bar for an hour. Huh? We didn't get our hands stamped. Why? Why didn't they stamp our hands?

I made Mayo get me a free drink, which he was reluctant to do. I'm not sure why, since he wasn't paying for it. He bailed around 11ish.

KDP & I braved the crowd twice to get to the ladies' room. It was the largest, cleanest, and nicest one I've ever seen in a bar/restaurant. Extra stars for that, Crak!

We left Public House at 12:10 to try & make a 1:04. Crak was staying in the city to 'mack it' with the Karate Hottie and KDP & I began the 'beat-the-clock' trek home. The shuttle was no longer running, so we had to grab the 7 train. Which, ofcourse, just pulled out of the station as we got to the bottom of the escalator. Drat! Would we make it to Times Square in time for the 1 or 2 train to get to Penn? Just barely. The same thing happened in TS. We ran down the steps & missed the fast-moving 1 train. We paced, watched a woman take a picture of a rat on the tracks, and paced some more. The 2 came in and we got on. And it literally crawled to the 34th St. station. We ran off of that one and into Penn to find our train was on the track and doing a 'last call' thing. We made it on with 2 minutes to spare. Yup. Fifty minutes of subway time to get to Penn. This is insane.

We rode to Jamaica together & KDP got off to catch the Long Beach line. I called Cowboy to keep me company because there were quite a few loud, drunk men working their way up & down the car.

I was about two minutes from Hicksville when I got up to wait in the open section by the doors. I was standing there, by myself in the open area, when a drunk couple came up to wait as well. The stupid man lost his balance and took a HUGE step back. And onto my leg. He was trying to put his foot down again for balance & missed and ripped open my skin along the way. He glances over & says "Um. Sorry" and the girl looks and says "Whatever". OMG!

Needless to say, I have a BIG bruise on my leg & its been throbbing ever since. My train let me off at 2:15 & by the time I walked to my car and drove home, it was 2:30 when the keys entered the lock. Four hours of commuting. It wore me out. I think I am going to stay out of the city for a bit & do more of my partying out here where I can make my own schedule & commuting 45 minutes will always be better than trains & subways.