Friday, June 15, 2007

Why The Lies?

I have not been doing very well with my 'dating scene' lately. I decided to scout out some new men on Match & see what's available. When you show an interest in one guy, and send some form of contact, three more pictures of men 'pop up' to say "Hey. Here are some others with similar profiles you may be interested in". With the first one.......one of the guys I have already been out with 'popped up'. So I figured I'd read his profile again & see if he's updated. Yup. And there were some new comments on there that contradict what he had originally said to me. Hmmmmmmm. Whatever.

I searched a bit more & found another guy to contact & when I did, another guy I went out with 'popped up' on the list again. So I figured I'd check him out, too. His profile has changed & his has contradictions too! What the......? Did I not like these guys because they weren't really who they said they were/are or have they now started lying because things didn't work out with....not just me but....others?

So I looked up a couple more. Those who had no degrees now have graduate degrees....in three months? WOW! Inmpressive! Those who weren't married are now separated. What?

So why the lies? Why the games? This is a service for which you are paying to find 'the one' and you start with a lie? It discourages me in more ways than one. Sorting through the lies/liars sux.