Saturday, June 02, 2007

Altercations & Astonishments

Friday night found Crak, Scojen & myself at Blue Honu. Scojen is getting married in one week & she needed "out". We met up & got drinks & stood by one of the tall tables so we had some sort of territory. Across from us, at the same table, stood these two 40-something yr. old guys. They started talking to Scojen. She indulged them in conversation. Crak & I mumbled to eachother about not wanting to talk to these guys since she & I are out to maybe find men & these two were not it. But, out of politeness, I chimed in a bit. They ordered food. Scojen said she was hungry & wanted some food, too. I was sucked in by the crab cakes & decided I could go for a bite. The food came. Crak disappeared. Scojen & I ate & talked with the two men. Then, Scojen finished & disappeared. She went by Crak. Leaving me with the two men & the yet-to-arrive check. I said to the two men, "If the waitress comes, please ask for my check. I am going to find my friend so she can pay, too." They said fine. I didn't want them to think we were sticking them with the bill, nor were we skipping out completely.

I found Scojen with Crak & said "Hey. Let's pay this." She said "Why? If the waitress wants to be paid, she can find me. It's no big deal." I said "It is a big deal. I like coming here & am not going to skip out on the bill. I am also not leaving it for those two guys to get stuck." She said "Oh, Grotter. What's the difference. So if we don't pay we don't pay". To which I went back & waited with the two men & so did not want to be with from the very start of the evening.

The bill came & Crak came over with Scojen's money. What? A messenger? Get your own friggin' butt over here & take care of this like an adult. I took care of the bill & said goodbye to the men, who were leaving anyway.

I found Scojen & Crak & said "I can't hang back here (ugly people) and want to go to the front where there's space, air, and people watching to do." So, Crak, who had found a cop to chat with , brought him up front & the four of us stood around and they talked. She gave him her number. Okay Crak! That's two out of three visits that a man has asked for your number. Not bad! See? I told you we need to go to this place every week!

With that, Scojen began talking to some drunk guy. Who was there with a friend. The friend had three other friends with him. Who he introduced us to. Until the one said to me "You need no introducitons" and then told me he was a student of mine at FTC when I did the poetry online class. This guy met me all of three times and this was 4 years ago! Wow! Do I leave an impression or what? He told his friends who I was and they started doing the whole "You're a professor? You gave him a "D"? You are both (Crak & me) professors?" Then my student, Cameron, said because of the grade, he owed me a beer. We talked. He flirted. He entertained Crak & me with his antics. He asked for my number (three for three for me). And then things began to take turns for the worse.

Mr. Finance's group came in minus one Finance. His brothers were there, Ralph, two other guys who had not been there, and Crak's Tarzan. They came in, looked at us, and kept going. Tarzan saw Crak and acted as if he didn't know her at all. Then he disappeared. We told Cameron about the situation & he said guys are dumb.....but he used expletives that I will not put on here.

Crak went outside to take a call & while in midcall, Tarzan walked up to her & kissed her. No hello. No greeting. Just kissed her. Reminiscent of two weeks ago. She pushed him away and said how that was messed up. He said she was talking to her boyfriend (the cop?) inside when he arrived so........................................ and then he was gone.

I went over to Finance's brother & said "Is he coming?" He said "Maybe later." I said "Oh. Good. Did he tell you about the call yesterday?" He just nodded yes & smiled uncomfortably. Good.

I went back to Cameron and he had us laughing so hard. Finance's brother kept watching and even tried to wave at one poiont. Why? I don't know. Then Scojen came & sat on the stool. To which her drunk man started touching her. She would shrink back & try to avoid it. He reached between Scojen & me, for the bar, three unnecessary times. I finally took his hand & guided it back away. He tried touching Scojen's shoulder & Crak intervened on that one. Cameron said "Hey, buddy. How's it going?" And the drunk guy said "What? Are you trying to tell me to get the 'f' out?" Cameron said "No. Dude, if I wanted to say that, I would have said it". Then I tried to tell the guy that Scojen didn't want to be touched & he could stop.

He turns to me and says "If you three don't want to f'n be touched then you can all f'n leave." Cameron said "Dude. You tried. She rejected you. Its good. Just respect the lady and move on." Then the guy wanted to take it outside. I said to him "Again, she didn't want to be touched. Leave it alone." He said "Get the f out then. What are you, her mother? Take it home to your boyfriend." Huh? I got lost on that one. I tried going back at him but Cameron stood between us & told the bartender to get security.

Security took him outside & he was out there pacing around............waiting. Maybe. I don't know.

While Cameron entertained us more, Scojen was spotted with a group of three or four other men. She went over there as soon as the altercation began & told them, "I got into a bit of trouble over there with a guy. Can I hide out here?" And they kept her company while we almost got into it with the loser she had begun talking to in the first place. Keeping track? This is the second time she bailed & left me with a guy she didn't want to deal with. Its the third time in the evening of leaving me with anything she didn't feel like taking care of herself.

At the end of the evening, Cameron walked the three of us outside. He wanted to walk us to our cars, but we (especially me) insisted that we'd be fine. I'd go with Crak, who drove herself & Scojen, and she'd drive me to my car. We'd be fine. Cameron gave us all a kiss on the cheek goodbye & went back inside. Scojen said "Ew! You hung out with him? You'd go out with him? He's not goodlooking. And he's fat." I said "That guy saved your butt, and our's. tonight while you bailed and hid on us. And that's all you have to say?" She continued on "But he's not goodlooking." I became angry and said, again, "You would have had your butt kicked by that drunk guy and Cameron took care of it. That's all you have? I'll kick your butt right now for acting like that. Don't tick me off right now." Crak just looked and said "Scojen, she'll do it". And Scojen said "More importantly, look at that dresser. How cute is it?" I wanted to knock her to the ground at that point. I was so happy when Crak, so nicely, dropped me off at my car & I could go home.