Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Detective Needs to Get a Clue

The Detective & I had met a week and a half ago at Stout for what was a very nice hour-long conversation. Crak was there. I felt no sparks. She didn't pick up on 'spark' vibes. Yet, the detective must have.

We met at Cozymels for dinner. We were seated immediately & the waitress came back three times before she was able to take our order. We talked nonstop. It was nice. The converstaion flowed the entire time. The food was good. The atmosphere was great. The date itself was wonderful. The actual 'date' person? Not so much. He's really nice guy but again.......no 'sparks'. I can't help it. We sat there for three hours talking & laughing. He found out I like coconut & ordered two coconut margaritas for us in lieu of dessert. He offered me dessert, as well, but I was stuffed from the appetizers, dinner, and drinks. A gal can only eat so much before bursting.

We walked outside & he wanted to show me his car. He has a BMW that he had built at the factory in Germany. I have seen this on news channels & would love to do this. He did it. I was so jealous. He wanted to see my car. Uh oh. Here's the 'move'. While I checked out his car from outside with the door open, he got into mine on the passenger side. He continued to talk, even thought I got three calls from people in five minutes. I told him they were 'are you alive' calls, but he didnt get the hint.

I told him I'd drive him back to his car, since he was already seated & I thought maybe another call would come through that I could say I have to take............to avoid the inevitable kiss. But no. My friends have sucky timing.

We talked more. He asked me about next weekend. I said I'm busy. He said how about Thursday & I wasn't quick enough to come up with something so I may have to go to a movie. Drat. I mean, he's nice & sweet & a gentleman, but he isn't for me. Which is sad.

He leaned in and just as I tried to turn my cheek he caught me for a real kiss. It was nice. But no sparking. He backed away when he realized I was done & said "Wow. That was great. I'm telling my friends I had an amazing time." Then he waited for a response from me & I said "I'm telling mine that I'm still alive." He chuckled. He said he'll call me to set up something for Thursday.

I conveyed all of my signals that this wasn't for me, but his radar must have been jammed. Or maybe the clues weren't obvious enough. I thought they screamed "I'm not into you", but I guess I'm wrong.

That or I'm just oh so totally irresistable. I'll go with the latter.