Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dave, Buster, Jim, Matt, Fred, Crak & An Altered Evening

The second rooftop party was held last night at the Sky Terrace on the Hudson. Crak, KDP, and myself all looked for tickets in the most insane manner any gal could. Somehow we missed out on it. So I sent the company an email saying how we psychotically stalked this event & they sent back an email saying that a limited amount of tickets would be available at the door. So Crak & I headed on in to be there early to buy these elusive tickets. The hotel was gorgeous! Crak & I both said we want to go in & stay there. We should! I saw a woman who seemed to be connected to the event, told her our tale, and she said she'd go find out for us if we could buy tickets or not.

In the meantime, Crak was on the phone with Fred, who said if we can't get in, we should meet her somewhere to hang out for a bit. The event woman came back and said "Here's the good news: if your name is on the list & you bought tickets in advance, you can go in at 6pm". She said this in such a proud manner and yet it totally accomplished NOTHING. We knew that, but what about the door tickets? UGH! So Crak said its not worth it & let's go meet Fred at Dave & Busters in Times Square. We did. However, we walked down there. Now, while my oh-so-cute red Steve Madden heels are great for strutting it in Long Beach or Huntington, they were not meant for massive city blocks and lot-n-lots of stairs.

Just as we hit the TS area, some comedy club promoter told us to 'watch out for the pile' on the sidewalk. We smiled. He said "I'm a comedian." I said "You are so funny". He responded with "I love you" to which I mimicked it back & then he yelled into the crowd for me to make out with him. I spun around and said "Right now" with a bunch of people looking surprised to hear such a resposne. Then, about 30 steps later I hear "Hey. She's wearing Sevens". Those were the jeans I had on. Now why anyone would say this I have no clue. I found it odd but whatever. I had just responded to a man that I'd make out with him (sarcastically) in TS.

We got to Dave & Busters & met Fred. The three of us went inside & found that it was happy hour on all but two of their drinks. Sweet! Fred bought the game card & it was now on Crak & me to supply the refreshments. Isn't it nice when you can go to the city & buy three drinks for $13.50? So loving it.

We played a trivia game and some skeeball and finished off our drinks. It was time to get the second round, before happy hour ended, and we tried to squeeze up to the bar.

A quasi-california type of guy saw me standing there & graciously scooted me up to the bar. I tried to order, but it was taking forever. He told me not to order the large beer because it wasn't good. The beer was not that big & I told him that once you've had a beer in Munich, nothing phases you. He said he went to Oktoberfest & the chatting began. His friend put our drinks on their tab & I introduced them to Fred & Crak. Jim wanted me to go play some video game with him, so off we went to find the 'right' game. Somehow we played a military/shooting game that we went head-to-head on. I had never played & he kept saying how good he was. Then why did I have 20,000 points to his 14,000? Why did he die first? He said he 'let' me win. Dummy. I took the semi-inals in Gaming back in '89 at the Javitz Center.

We joined the group & chatted more. Jim was a bit too 'touchy-feely' for me, but whatever. We ween't staying the night there, so another hour or two wouldn't kill me. We moved to a table and Matt said "Why is Jim fighting with that guy?" We turn to see him being 'friendly' while the other guy was being a loser. I have to point out that a little while earlier, Fred, Crak & Matt left us to go to the restrooms. The men had umbrellas with them & Jim was trying to wrap them up & snap them shut. The guy (who we'd argue with later) said "What's the matter? Can't find the hole?" Jim said "I can find that without a problem. But this is an umbrella" The other guy sid "A hole's a hole, dude. Can't find it, can you." I said "Umm......this is not a hole. Its a snap. Snaps are different." He said to me "A hole's a hole to a guy". Jim & I looked at eachother and were like--whatever.

Back to the fight--I stepped between them, told Jim to go to the table we had and said to the other guy "He's a bit drunk. We'll take him to the table. Just let it go." This new guy yells over my head to Jim "You wanna take this outside?" I pushed Jim away and said "Are you serious? I just told him to go away & said to you its done. You now want to do that? How sad are you?" He then challenges me and asks if I want to go outside. I said "Buddy, you just challneged a woman. That is so pathetic. Just drop it." He told me to mind my business since he'd been listening to Jim for 3 hours. I pointed out that I don't think that was possible since we had been at that bar an hour and a half earlier and didn't see either of the men. He said "I've been here since 11:30 and I know who has been here" I said to him that the fact that he is willing to tell people he's been there since 11:30 is pretty sad. It went on for maybe another minute & I walked away.

Fred was ready to go. Crak was not. I didn't care. Fred left without us. After twenty minutes more of chatting with the men....well....Crak was texting her many men.....I was chatting caually for that time, she hits the table and say "I'm ready". Thanks for the warning! We said our goodbyes and began a painful trek back to Penn. We hopped our trains & I was home by 10:15 pm. Pretty good, I guess but I figured I'd be home around midnight so I was unhappy with myself for being 'old' and home early.

I will say I can't walk today. Those shoes, although adorable & make me cute, destroyed my feet & legs. I have until Friday to recover. Being cute definitely comes with a price. I dare any of you to pull it off as well as me! (lol)