Saturday, December 16, 2006

Two Evenings in One

In was in the works some time now that Crak & I were to go out & try that restaurant/lounge FOUR. So, last night we dressed up a bit & headed on over. We got there with ease & had to valet the car (complimentary, ofcourse).

We went inside & had to wait for the host's attention for a few minutes before he'd even acknowledge we were standing there. They seated us soon after & put us in their "winter" room. It was the last of the four seasons (get it?) and so interesting. Wait. Let me describe the restaurant first. It's, as I just said, based on the four seasons. The lounge is the "spring" area with couches & ottomans to sit on. Everything is light shades of green. The bar area is "summer" and done in warmer colors. The table area is "autumn" and more earthy tones, while the final room is shaped like an igloo & has an egg-shaed tv suspended in the center with a screen fire burning to keep you warm. Outside there are four panels facing into the restaurant that have nature scenes of babbling brooks, birds flying and waterfalls to set the outdoorsy feel.

The winter room has five ginormous booths to sit in. They hold up to eight people comfortably but these yahoos sat just us two little people in this thing. It was completely empty in the dining areas but they sat us in a spot that was so out-of-the-way it didn't make sense. We can spin this in one of two directions: they were trying to hide us because (as we later saw) we didn't have enough silicone to offer OR we were in the VIP-ish area where we could relax & not be disturbed by all of those fawning for our attention. I said we'd go with the latter.

We ordered fun drinks, food & dessert. Crak had a FOUR-jito. Four liquors to make some rellay good tasting mojito. I had the Candy Store. Lots of melon vodka & other stuff---can't remember because the dirnk was that strong & I have no idea about alcohols--with pop rocks candy in the bottom & around the rim of the glass. The stirrer? A sour apple lollipop. I was having a sugar rush beyond belief. Dinner was a coconut grilled tilapia for Crak & I had crab cakes & flatbread pizza. Dessert was not so much fun. You think we would have learned from our Sushi Samba experience, but no. We ordered some chocolate coca cola cake. Not so good. To top it off, they bring a pile of cotton candy on a large wine glass to the table as your "after dinner mint", but it's not a mint. It's a big pink cloud of yumminess in front of you & your stuffed stomach. We ate it greedily. I dared Crak to lick it at the end because I wanted a funny shot for my phone but she wouldn't do it.

Well, sitting there tipsy, we scrolled through her phone to see what was on the list of things to talk about so we wouldn't talk about work. Gameboy was on the list. I said his name out loud. She said "You should call him". And so I did.

He answered the phone & all I said was "What are you doing? Wanna come to Melville from Brooklyn & make out with me? Be here asap." I hung up & Crak just laughed & said "I didn't think you'd call him". Oops....too late now!

Here is where the second evening kicks in. We are titling this
What Was Once Hot Is Barely An Ember

So less than one hour later, Gameboy shows up with Cyprus. Cyprus is his "older friend" he brought for Crak. Ummmm................I can't say much about the man because he chose to speak Greek the entire time & he was wearing what seemed to be a member's only jacket in red. Now, had he taken the jacket off, we'd have been able to see what we were working with. But he clinged to the thing as if he'd die without it.

Gameboy.............is growing his hair out. NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR HIM. I was so turned on the last time I saw him I could barely contain myself. This time I was like "Dear God, Are you punishing me for something?" All I kept thinking of was the Seinfeld episode. You know the Festivus One? Jerry is dating a woman named Gwen. She only looks good in certain lights. The rest of the time they say things like "Yamma Hamma. It's fright night" and scream. That was me.

But, Gameboy is ever the gentleman & came out from work. Which he doesn't do for anyone. I mean he left his job at 8:15 in Brooklyn to come out by 9:15 to see me. This is a rare event. I don't know why he jumps for me in times like these, but it keeps me amused.

He asked if we wanted drinks. I said "water, please" and he turned to Crak and said somehting about me being wild and ordering water. She said "No, she needs to drink". He asked her what she wanted & she said nothing because she was driving & had sobered up from the FOUR-jito. He came back with a malibu & coke for me, grey goose & red bulls for him & his friend, and a fancy water for Crak. But, that's him. He is so good that way. Now if the fashion & hair gods had been on our side............................but sadly, no.

So we talked & flirted & talked & touched & then I started to feel really hot & dizzy. I said I had to go outside for some cooler air & thank goodness I did. I don't know if it was the mix of alcohols, the TONS of sugar, or the antibiotics (probably all three) but I felt lousy.

Crak & I stayed with them until 11ish when they got a table & we bailed. We went outside & had to wait (not too long) for our valeted car & started the ride home.

I have to thank Crak for being such a good sport through it all. Not only did we have fun during dinner laughing at random nonsense, but she waited for Gameboy & stayed with me (and them) until the table was ready. Very patient.

I got home & around 12:00, Gameboy called. We talked for over an hour. He flirted a lot with me & begged me to go over to his house (3 minutes away), but I was not feeling too hot & was already in pajamas. I asked him why he didn't kiss me there at the bar & he said he felt "weird because Crak was watching. I think she hates me." Okay drama man. Get over yourself. She doesn't hate you. She only knows you from what I have told her. We did agree to try & meet up later tonight for the make-out session we want so much. Before, I wanted to make out with him because he was hot. Now I want to make out with him simply because I need to kiss somebody & get myself over the Cowboy situation. I'll just have to sqeeze my eyes closed really really tightly so I don't have to face that hair. UGH!