Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm Such A Wirl.........I Think

Elaine gave me a book to read titled "The 10 Women You'll Be Before You're 35" and I have been reading/skimming it for two weeks now. I see my current self in so many of the ten that the author describes. However, I seem to hold more qualities of a wirl than anything else.

Here's the list that tells one if she is in the "wirl" stage:

*you can sit in a room with someone in college and someone turning 40 and you
relate to both pretty well
*you wonder if the guy you're dating will ever propose to you, and then you're
terrified he might and you'll have to follow through with it.
*you research home equity loans, tax brackets, and life insurance on the internet.
10 minutes later you are playing video games on that same computer. (so me!)
*your siblings, friends, and parents are showing signs of aging for the first time
*people who were born while you were in high school are now driving, and something
about hat just seems wrong.
*professional athletes look like babies but you can still date one without raising
eyebrows


a big thing is someone calling you "Ma'am". I hate that one. This chapter also talks about the body issues.....metabolism slowing down & actually counting stupid calories, the fashion issue where you can still wear a tank, minishirt, and strappy sandals but the suit for work looks good too, you question what it means to "act your age".

While I enjoyed this book, it's driving me crazy to see the stages of life & independence in writing. It makes reality set in & that just sux.