Sunday, December 24, 2006

Quarantined

I have been in this house for a week now. My last REAL outing was Sunday night when I went out for coffee with JW. Since then, I went to work Monday through Thursday & had come home, crashing each time because I was getting sick. Well, since Thursday morning, I have had a full-blown case of the flu. I had plans Wednesday night, Thursday afternoon & evening, Friday & yesterday & I had to bail on ALL of them. This flu is driving me crazy. For those who know me, I would have to have my arm severed off before I'd go to the doctor/hospital. I ended up going yesterday because I had no relief. What do I need to do? Relax. Drink plenty of fluids. Let it run it's course. Drat!

To add salt to my wounds, Cowboy called yesterday (on his way to work, ofcourse, incase I picked up we'd have LIMITED -- 10 minutes -- to talk) and left me a message saying how he feels bad that I am so hurt & he is hurting too but he didn't know how to do this......blah blah blah...........he hopes I have a happy holiday. So, because I can blame it on all of the medication swirling around in me, I called him when I knew he wouldn't pick up & said how I miss him & don't understand this & see no need to talk because when I ask him the questions he doesn't want to answer I'll get the "I don't know" response & it'll be good that he is 3000 miles away because I'd punch him if he said that to my face. I told him that he did exactly what all the others did & that's okay. He fits the mold of all the guys he scoffed at before him. I then wished him a happy holiday too. That was it. I didn't say it sarcastically, if you wanted to know. I said it all quietly because if I raised my voice at all I would have screamed or cried....and I won't give him that satisfaction. You can tell me not to call him but he owes me money still & I will have to keep some form of contact so I can try to get it without turning it into a legal issue.

I am going stir crazy in this house.