Saturday, December 02, 2006

I Have No Right To Be...........But I Am

Cowboy called me while I was in the city on Wednesday night. I asked him if I could call him back when I was home & not battling the NYC lunacy. He said I probably wouldn't be able to get in touch with him because he was headed over to a friend's house to "comfort her". She was just fired from her job & he ....indirectly.... was getting that position. He felt bad & was heading over to her apartment to help cheer her up. He griped about the company & I thought 'Uh-Oh. He'll quit'. That's what he does. Something ticks him off & he jumps ship.

Anyway, I figured I'd try to get in touch with him anyway. It went to voicemail. No biggie. But my eyes went green. He never hauled himself out to console me. Not like this. And he isn't dating this woman....as far as I know. I left him a message & said I'd talk to him Thursday.

Well, no word from him on Thursday. There is a 3-hour difference between us & he works from 1-9...2-10? I don't know. And that's his time. Which means it's approaching 12 or 1 am here. I am not awake. So we wouldn't be able to talk.

Friday rolls around & there's no message, text, or missed call. I called him and thought I'd hear back. Nope. I sent a text. He replied his time 11 pm. Umm.....you get breaks. Jerk. Can't call me and we're friends+ for five years but you can run ragged for this woman you know three months. Yup.

He called me about an hour ago...10:30 his time. He's on the road to pick up people and head out to some Winter Festival. Sounds nice! I kidded around with him that I couldn't get him out at that hour. He didn't find it funny. I could get him out but if I wanted to be on the road by 9 am he was leaving Commack at 9:05 to still make the 25/30 minute drive to me. So I have a right to be bitter...just a bit. I then said I thought I hadn't heard from him because he went to console this woman & felt so bad that he 1) proposed to her to make her feel better & they are on their way to Reno or Vegas to make it official OR 2) quit his job & he's now living with her because his family would kill him if he did that again. He said "No, I didn't quit my job. Aren't there any good scenarios?" I pointed out that he skipped over the marriage/living with her thing & he didn't reply. I am not sure if he was avoiding it because I am semi-correct or if he ignored me because I ticked him off. He usually hates when I say things like that. But those green eyes get the best of me.

He said he'd "try" to call me later on. I said he shouldn't worry about it because it's no big deal. He said "Yeah. I may try. I don't know."

It's not that I don't want him to be happy. It's not that I don't want him to have a life and a girlfriend. It's just that I want a boyfriend first. Is that so wrong of me?