Tuesday, April 24, 2007

WTF

It's only Tuesday & my bloodpressure is at a boiling point. Where do I begin?

Let's start with stupid students. My first class watched a movie & two were sleeping, two were texting (with the volume on their phones so I knew each time they sent a message) and a fifth was flossing. Yes flossing. For twenty minutes. I said (over the film) "Some of you need to get an attention span. Its either that or find yourself on the other side of the door". The flosser continued to floss, having tuned out anything going on around him. So at the end of class I pointed out that it is April 23rd & we've been together since January 17th and they know what I expect but apparently that has yet to enter their inactive brains. I pointed out that many of them are borderline passing & this last test is a doozy. Trust me, my tirade meant nothing.

Twenty-five minutes into my second class of the day, some randon student (who I have no clue who he is) came walking into my room as if we were just hanging out in there, went completely to the other side of the room and began talking to one of the students who was supposed to be focused on MY class. I said, numerous times as I saw him walking into my room, "Excuse me. Who are you & don't walk into my room". He blew me off and behaved as if it was me who was the crazy one. I pointed out to students that its people like that moron who give us a retarded name.

Things were quiet for most of the day until I walked out of my last class for the evening. Its the second time I let my group out early & the Math Prof. happened to call just then. I picked up & began chatting. He said he knew I got out at 10 & I pointed out that I do not get out at 10, I actually get out 45 minutes later, but it had been a long day. He disagreed with me saying that the last time he called me on a night that I had that same class it was 10 & I was out. I pointed out that I know when I have class until & why does he debate me on things with My life. I even said that Crak had asked me that about him as well and he didn't agree.

We spoke for a bit & then he asked me about CrazyJoe & who is CJ interested in. I reminded him that I am saving CJ for KDP. He asked me if KDP is on EHarmony or Match. I said "We both are on Match". He was shocked & said "You were on it?" I said "No. I am on it." He asked me if I've gone out on any dates from the site & I began to tell him about the Lawyer--remember Mr. "Let's meet in the sauna"? As I am telling the story, he is second-guessing me about it. I said "You are doing it again. Do you want the answer that you want to hear or do you want the real answer. Becaue if you want what you want to hear, then don't ask me."

I changed the subject to his upcoming trip to Vegas & asked if he found a travel partner. He isn't sure abuot that yet. I said "You should just go by yourself & walk up to random people & begin conversations and then hang out with them. Pick up women." He said "Wouldn't that bother you?" I asked (repeatedly) "Why would it bother me? What happens in Vegas stays there, right?" He wasn't too thrilled with my suggestion, leading him to -- hopefully -- think that I am not intersted. Because I am not interested in him. At All. I thought I'd want to be friends with him, but it would be too tiring & frustrating to do so.

At midnight last night, I was totally out cold, but Cowboy's mother called my cell. She didn't leave a message, but when I saw this today, I called her back. It seems that Cowboy broke his tooth pretty bad Sunday & the facility wouldn't shuttle him to a dentist until today & that wasn't soon enough so he checked himself out. That means he can not go back into the program. His mom freaked & wanted to know if he had said anything to me. I honestly had no clue about any of this. According to her, he has an attitude, is doing what he wants, and he is still contacting he exfiance. I just sent him a text asking him wtf is going on & he sent it back that he has to have emergency surgery on it to correct it, but that hasn't answered my question completely. so I sent it back saying so & have yet to hear anything. I have to tell him that if he insists on speaking with her, then I can not support him any longer with this situation. If he is going to be hasty & make rash decisions, then he's in this on his own. He needs to grow up & act mature, not this hothead who can demand things to be how he wants & play her off of me.

I need a drink.