Sunday, April 29, 2007

Awwwww..................I'm His "Match"

The evening started with me meeting JW over on Rte. 110 at 8:30. We were going to hang out at Applebee's and just grab a bite. He wanted to see a movie, but I was way too tired to stay awake for such an event, had seen one the day before, and will be seeing one Tuesday night. So, I was not really in teh mood to see a movie. Plus, he didn't even know what was playing so I used that to my advantage.

We met up & were seated & exchanged stories (one for one) for the next 3 1/2 hours. He yelled at me and called me 'moron' for the Mechanic situation & said that it's pretty pathetic. I pointed out htat he is jealous because he can not get a hot girl, let alone a hot 21 year old anyway. We had a good time sharing our less-than-stellar escapades & then it was time for me to go. Why? The Mechanic was on his way home froma friend's in Queens & wanted to see if I was still out & wanted to meet. He 'just had to see' me. SWEET! I have been thinking about his lips for 48 hours & not sleeping well, so why not remedy my situation?

While waiting, Cowboy had called & we were chatting about random nothings. The Mechanic was calling in so I had to put Cowboy on hold & when I got back to him he began asking me what it was I was doing. I lied. I said I was out with the Librarian & he was lost finding his way. Well, when the Mechanic arrived & asked me to put my window down so we could talk a second, I put the phone down & had Cowboy wait. When I was done talking, he said "Why were you sweaking?" I said "What do you mean 'sweaking'?" He said "You did that high-pitched tone of your's?" I wanted to say....my flirty tone?.......but thought better of it & said "I couldn't open the window & Library was making fun of me." He accepted that and asked if I'd call him back when I was done hanging out. Fine.

The Mechanic got out of his truck in his pajamas. White (ugh) wife-beater (hate that description) and baggy pajama bottoms. Oh so hot!

Yes, I am becoming redundant with calling him hot, but I think he is, so suffer if you care to read on.

He opened my door & pulled me out of the car & gave me a kiss. He asked if I wanted coffee because he was getting & I said no but I'd walk with him. He said ALL of the right things. We flirted & chatted & walked back to my car & sat down. We kissed. We talked. We kissed some more. Then things that I did not want to happen so soon did. But they were fun. And then he said "I just want to hold you & sit here. is that okay?" So, I agreed & we sat. He told me that he really & truly likes me and that he wants to see me more often.

I......giddy & ridiculous......told him that I want Crak to go with us next week because she griped that she's been on two VERY BAD DATES with me.........they were painful..............and deserves a good one. He laughed & agreed. He's ouring his heart out & I'm '13 yr old Tiger Beat heartthrob obsessing' over this. I wonder whose the younger of us right now.

When I finally left two hours later, he insisted I call him when I got home. I challenged him and he said "Why is it such a problem for you to call so I can say goodnight as you are getting in to bed?" Could he BE any sweeter? So I called & we then talked for 45 minutes more. He said he wants to know everything about me. So I told him what he wanted to know. He said the rest he just wants to discover as we move forward, if I let him. He then asked if I like him & I told him how he is one of the three best first dates I've ever had, the whole 'can follow through ' thing, and he looks seal the deal, and yes, I like him but want to just 'date' for now. You know, hang out. He said "Well, I think you are amazing & you are my 'match'". My problem is now I think he is too far into this already.

Anyway...............I get settled & realized I had to call Cowboy back. At 3am our time. UGH. He asked if I was okay & I asked him why wuoldn't I be. He was concerned because it was so late & I'm out with a guy he's never heard of & that made him nervous. I pointed out that I am not for him to worry about & have always taken care of myself. He said "Yeah, but you sounded....I don't know.....when he arrived. And it's none of my business but I just worry." Ummmmmm......again I told him he has no reason, nor right, to worry about what I do. And I left it at that. He talked about the past & how he misses holding me & tlaking to me & walking just holding my hand.........and all of those nice things that I want to hear but don't need to right now. His last statement was "I just wish I could hold you. I just worry." And I left it with "I wish youcould to. But I can say that right now because youa re so far away & it sounds nice. If I were to see you, I may not feel that way. I may want to run in the other direction & cry. I can't guarantee anything. So, for now, let's just be happy that we can talk on the phone."

I don't know if that will keep me happy or not. But, I'll just ride these waves until something rolls me to the shore.