Friday, April 27, 2007

So I Know That This Won't Be Going Anywhere, But Can I Just Say That I Went On One Of The Best First Dates I've Ever Been On Last Night?

The Mechanic & I finally met up last night. We have been talking on the phone for over a month now. He is so cute, leaves me a 'good morning ' message every day, claims I am currently the only woman he is talking to from the site, and keeps me laughing. The problem? He is WAY younger than me. By a decade. Yeah. I know. He sent me an email first, not a 'wink' mind you, but an actual email & it included info from my profile so I knew he read it. So so sweet. The other problem? He has ADD like you can't believe. I had a student ages ago that I nicknamed 'gnat' because that was his attention span. Well, this guy ties gnat for the name. Drives me crazy.

But he is so cute!

He asked if I wanted to meet for coffee or a drink and I left it up to him. He decided we should meet on 110 at Dave & Busters & have a drink & maybe shoot pool. He said if I was not comfortable getting a drink there, Applebees is in the lot, as well, and Starbucks is across the street for coffee if I completely change my mind.

I agreed to D&B, but warned him that I may see students and I may want to leave. He said this would not be a problem. I have never been to D&B before & was not sure what I was in for when we enetered. We just headed up to the bar, grabbed two stools, and sat with these HUGE beers that mimicked Munich. I had to use two hands to lift it. He said I could get whatever I wanted to drink & I said just a beer would be fine. He pointed out that I do not look like the beer drinking type & I told him I'm not, but I'd never been to D&B before so why not.

He's VERY touchy-feely. Extremely flirty & made sure that we kissed a few times sitting there at the bar. He was full of compliments & said he'd have to drop my class if he were in it because he'd never concentrate & he'd be too frustrated all of the time. Which he was last night as well.

There was a man & woman in a booth right behind us. He was in his 50s & she in her 30s & they were not father & daughter. However, they kept looking at us like there was something wrong. Weird.

The Mechanic is about 5'5'', total Italian, stereotype guido with the pierced ears, chain, and (hate this phrase) wife-beater with the unbuttoned shirt over it. Short shaved hair & these gorgeous piercing hazel eyes. His body? Oh. My. Goodness. Rock solid. His biceps are like bars on a jungle gym that I could hang upside down from. And his chest is just as defined & hard. He barely needs to move to see the six-pack ripple underneath. If I were to have seen him sitting at the bar, I'd swear he was 25/26. Darn that he isn't.

He asked me if I wanted another beer, even though I asked him to finish mine, and then he asked if I wanted to stay or go. I asked "What did you have in mind?" He said he wanted to take a drive and go to the water & walk around or just sit & talk, but understood if I did not feel safe doing so. However, I did feel safe & even though he was BEYOND filrty & touch-feely, he was a gentleman (for the most part) and I did feel safe. Why, I am not sure. This guy could easily snap me into two pieces. Literally. So we walked out, hopped into his tremendous Bronco & took off for Huntington & the water. As we were driving, he said "Did I mention to you that I sing?" I told him no & he said "Would you mind if I sang to you?" I said it would be interesting to hear & he said "Well, I sing country. Do you know any songs?" Country??? Mr. LI Guido? And with that, he pops in some random cd & begins singing as we are driving north on Rte. 110. He was so good! I was impressed, but I kept giggling & he asked why. I explained how he does not look to be the country singing type & that I have never had a guy sing to me before. He said he doens't typically sing to people unless he knows them really well & I am the first person he's done this for who is a virtual stranger. But he claims to have felt so comfortable with me & wanted to showcase some of his talent.

We went up to the water & parked for awhile. He is a really good kisser. That's all I'm saying. Really. Really. Good. He wanted to showcase some of his other talents, but agreed to just kissing.

When I told him that I had had enough & wanted to get going, he was a complete gnetleman & drove me back talking & laughing & holding my hand the entire time. He said he wants to get together soon & take me out to dinner. He wants me to meet his friends. He wants to cuddle & spend time together. Aw! Could he be cuter? I explained to him that I am (in all honesty) very busy these next two weeks but I'd definately hang out with him again.

When we got back to my car, he jumped out & walked me to it. Then he pinned me against it, wrapped my leg around his waist, and kissed me long & hard. Yum. I got into my car, he walked back to his truck and then came back to my car & told me to roll down the window. He said "Please call me whwen you get home. I want to know that you got there safe." Then he slid 1/2 way int through the window & kissed me again, once on the lips & once on the forehead.

Will he call? I don't know, but am dying to find out. There's one word to sum him up:
YUMMY.