Saturday, April 21, 2007

A News Report Today Said It's Not A Date If You Don't Kiss

(the ramblings of a tired woman.............think "Pulp Fiction')

Therefore, the Math Prof. & I have not been on a date, making the whole "I'm not interested in you 'that way'" speech oh so much easier. Crak & I were headed into the city last night to check out the Star Lounge.......a converted 1920's speakeasy that is supposed to be the 'hottest' thing in Chelsea right now. It just might be.............if you can get in.

The Math Prof. asked me last week what I was doing this weekend & I said I was busy. I knew he was supposed to have plans Friday night & I said "That's too bad. You could have come with us to check out this place". Stupid Stupid Stupid. He decided to not go to his other plan & came with us.


CLUNK


Crak & I went to Stout first to have a drink & just be in the city before we went to the Lounge (that didn't open til 11). We had a few laughs, received a few dirty looks & were off to Star. The Math Prof. was there waiting for us outside. We got on a short line & then some ugly (what I think was a) woman said "Are you on the VIP list? Because, if not, you can only get in if you get table service". Ew!

So the three of us headed to a bar three doors down. We grabbed a table & then Crak & I spent 1/2 the time texting people & ignoring the Math Prof. I couldn't help it. I am so not attracted to him. I feel nothing towards him. I wish I was dating the guy he is on paper. Good writer, great job, likes to travel............that guy. Then you meet him in person.......not good looking, doesn't believe me when I tell him things, and pushy. He suggested I go to Vegas with him in June. He said I could even have the room next to him if I wanted. If I were to go with him, I'd have a room at a different hotel than him. Do the math now, buddy!

My favorite part of the evening was when Crak wanted me to take a picture of her cleavage to send to CrazyJoe, who is now apparently cheating on me blatantly with her.

We got to Penn at 1:14 & I missed one train but could grab another in 4 minutes. The problem? Crak's train was at 1:46. I offered to stay but she said no. Math Prof. wanted me to hang & get coffee, but she & I looked at eachother & this was my escape. Crak took a HUGE hit for me by walking him to his subway & then shaking his hand goodbye. Unfortunately, for me, he had leaned in and tried doing the 'SWAK' thing again, but I awkwardly craned my head at such an angle that he had to kiss my cheek. Therefore, we have yet to be on a date.

Did you follow this? If not, go grab a rum&coke & then try it. Its so much clearer that way.