Monday, April 02, 2007

Coffee, Conversation, and Calculations

I met with the Prof. today for a cup of coffee. We had plans to meet at 2 o'clock. He was there preciesly at 2:01. Not bad! He comes in and says "Hi, Grotter. I'm the prof." We shook hands and when we released he slipped a gold bag into my hand. It was from Godiva & had dark chocolates inside. Yum! We found that one of our common likes is that for 'the dark stuff'. How sweet! (no pun intended) He got up & ordered coffee............he knew what & how to order & he even paid..............when I offered he pushed my money gently away. I told him I'd get it next time. He said "Oh good! There's already a 'next time'?" I said "Well, we shall see, but, if so, I will buy the coffee."

We sat & talked for an hour about his love for the Islanders & Mets and a bit about dating. I hadn't told him about the last relationship and he brought it up. He looked shocked to find out that it was so long & just ended a couple of months ago. I shrugged it off & said "well, it's over. What am I supposed to do? So I go out."

At 3, I pointed out that I had to go to B&N to get a card & then head off to finish bday shopping for my mom. He came along with me to B&N since its in the same center as Starbucks and we chatted some more. What should have taken a couple of minutes extended into another 45 minute conversation (which was fine but I had things to do here) and we learned a bit more about eachother.

He walked me to my car, always a shocker for guys, and I just said "its all mine". He still looked baffled but that's too bad.

We shook hands and did the cheek/air kiss thing goodbye & he said I should call when I get back. He already has five things lined up that he wants us to do. I said 'let's see what happens'.

He was sooooooooooo nice and fun. He has manners, values, and is intelligent. Too bad I am so not attracted to him. We'll see.