Sunday, April 15, 2007

Let's Run Through the Match Men

There was:

Mr. Absolutely -- who drove a truck, went to two weeks of a college class 14 yrs ago & considers that "some education" and couldn't follow a conversation to save his life.

Cop #1 -- who was just a plain psycho. He would call & call to talk & tell me stories I asked him not to because I didn't want to hear horrific things & yet he kept talking. He was the one who, after talking for a month (and me deciding to avoid meeting him) imed me and had a whole conversation not knowing who he was chatting with. Hello? Shouldn't you know who you are iming? His response was 'if you are on my buddy list, there must be a reason'.

The Computer Geek -- who would send me an email & then wait two weeks to reply and after a few times wanted to know why I wasn't interested in meeting with him. If you put me on hold with emails....what would dating be like?

Cop #2 -- who seemed to be too 'into' the cop life with the partying & drinking that goes much with the stereotype. Every story was a drinking binge.

Staten Island -- who sent me an email rather than the 'wink' and when I asked him specific questions of interest, he avoided them like the plague. He's in two bands. I asked him what instrument he plays & he wouldn't tell me. I asked him what type of bands/covers did they do and he ignored it as well. Why email me and then not be interested in even talking about yourself?

The Dr. -- Who emailed me and when I replied, also waited two weeks to reply. Then he turned into a 'naughty wmail session' and asked if I'd clal him to have a 'flirty' chat.

The Business Guy -- who felt he was 'too sophomoric' for me & I was 'too serious'. We chatted twice on teh phone and it was about bars & drinking & movies & yet somehow I was too serious. Loser.

The Chef -- who was thrilled I am a girl who will actually eat. He was also excited that we share a love for dark chocolates only & that I was willing to try some french restaurants in the city. I emailed him that I was free certain dates & he never replied. I then sent an im to him & he decided to block it.

The Lawyer -- who was so needy & antagonistic all at the same time. This is the one who wanted to meet ina sauna for the first time & asked me to go to Fla. with him. ACK

The Mechanic -- who is the youngest in the batch and soooooooooooooo immature but I still want to hang out just once for my ego's sake.

The Construction Worker -- is new to the batch & so boring. He emailed me first (as all of them have because I don't peruse the site like I should) and I send it back with a bit about me & questions for him (last movie you saw? any trips that you've taken recently or will be taking? where would I find you on a casual weekend evening with a couple of friends?) He answers my questions but doesn't ask me any nor does he even ask me to answer my own.

The Verizon Man -- he's new, too. I asked him the same questions as CW and he replied as well but never asks me any questions.

I should point out that none of them ever ask me any questions. I will ask them those three prompts to get a conversation rolling. I do not ask about jobs or living situations or anything. I want to know about them. They seem to want to talk about themselves but don't really want to get to know me. I don't think this site is working. I just completed my 3-month run and nothing has come of it. This isn't a good sign.