Friday, April 27, 2007

My (Not So Many) Men

The Mechanic called with my 'good morning' message. A girl could get used to this. It's very sweet & endearing that he does this, but I will feel so bad when things don't work out between us. And, that is feel bad for him because he seems to be into this already. Aw!

I spoke with Cowboy last night. He had sent me two letters (three days apart) but they both arrived yesterday. Its the tale of what happened between us, what happened to him, why he did what he did, how he feels like a 'new' person, and how we should work on at least being in eachothers' lives in some way, if not work to getting back together. It hurts. More than many can or will ever understand. Its what I want, but I think its too late for me to head in that direction with him.

Mr. Verizon has not called me all week. we talked on Monday & had a nice conversation and he said he'd call just to talk sometime this week. Well, its Friday & I have not received an email, voicemail, or even a missed call from him. Yet, I had to be the one to call him twice before he'd pick up and email him questions that he answered but never inquired about me. Hmmm.....can we say poor people skills?

No news from the Math Prof. We had that 'disagreement' on Monday night. I sent him an email in response to one he sent, also on Monday. I also sent a link to Crak's article on Wednesday. Nothing. Not a reply, not a text, not one call. I am happy with this, in that I do not have to prolong the agony of trying to dump him & not look vain & shallow. But still, he was so impressed with my manners that you think he'd try to have some of his own.

CJ, the librarian, is never going to work for me. He won't work for KDP either. We hung out Wednesday night & it was nice & all, but somehow the dirnk he invited me out for I ended up paying for. He told me to order him a beer & then disappeared. The bartender came over & asked what we wanted & I ordered. He filled the order & told me how much & stood there waiting. So I piad. No big deal. Its not the issue. But when CJ came back from the men's room, he looked a the beer & said "Thanks", sat down, and drank it while asking for a taste of my mango margarita as well.

These men need to take some kind of class on how to take a woman out on a date......or something. Common Sense class is what it is. I need to start a common sense class for men. Ooooooo, and their final exam would be that they have to take me out on a date & if it sucks, they fail! What a way to meet more guys!