Saturday, August 12, 2006

What Did I Do?

I was trying to buy a plane ticket out to Portland to visit Cowboy. I have promised him time & again that I'd go to see him. Prices were always phenomenal~~upwards of $350. I can't do that. That's nutty. I finally found airfare for $237 over Labor Day weekend. I call & say "Guess what! I can come visit these dates, can you get off from work?" And he says "I'll be in Ohio that weekend to see family." UGH! Cowboy calls back that I am more than welcome to join them.

Here's the catch: I have not seen, nor interacted, with his parents for almost two years. We do not get along AT ALL. And they ruined my Christmas of 2004. So I swore off any interaction with them. And now it's going to happen. I will have to see them, drive in a car with them, and break bread with them. EW! My stomach is already turning. But I will never go to Ohio on my own. I have no need to & this will help to knock another of the 50 states off my list to visit.

I can go to Longaberger & the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I can see Cowboy. I can travel 1 1/2 hours & not have to deal with a 3-our time difference. This is easier but seems more insane than anything.

Why am I doing these things to myself this week?