Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Could Someone Please Explain the Meaning of

What in the world does the song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", from Panic! At The Disco, mean? I looked up the lyrics to see if reading them would help them sink in, but nope. I hear that song constantly. I turn on the radio. It's playing. I change the station to avoid it. It's playing on the next station. I have no idea what they are talking about!! The bridesmaid says to a waiter that the groom's bride is a whore? And then later on the 'groom'(?) says "at least our marriage is saved"? How is it saved if your new wife isn't faithful? And if people at the wedding already know about her affairs (including membes of teh waitstaff) then is there a point? Or is there really no point to this headache called music (holy cow--just aged myself) and it's that whole 'new style...push limits....kurt cobain movement in another direction type of thing?

I don't think I am reading too much into it since I have yet to comprehend it. I had to ask Crak about the reference in Bon Jovi's 'My Life' about Frankie. I had no clue that it's Frank Sinatra. Maybe because I didn't put the "I did it my way" together with the name. Nevermind the fact that I have never heard Frank Sinatra referred to as Frankie. See why I ask these things.