Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Things to Do More & Some To Do Less

I don't buy magazines too often. But when I do & find an article I want to keep, I tear it out & put it in a folder. I was cleaning out this folder recently & came across something I think is good. So, taking a lead from Crak, I am posting some pieces of an article, by Maurice Vellecoup, that appeared in Glamour of March 2005:

Things To Spend More Time Doing:
1. listening
2. giving sincere compliments to anyone
3. thinking before you open your mouth
4. exploring all the places that aren't in the guidebook

Things To Spend Less Time Doing:
1. Checking out who'e getting fired, voted off, or botoxed
2. making excuses
3. hanging out with ex-boyfriends ( i will have seen 2 this month)
4. feeling guilty about things from 1997
5. trying to change that someone (or waitng around for them to change)
6. living by anybody else's standard but your own
7. staring at what you believe to be the imperfections of your body