Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rejection Sux

I can handle rejection pretty well. I have been rejected a few times in my life & I am okay with it. However, this is the first time I felt insulted with the rejection process. I sent an email query to a company to pitch an idea that I am dying to have come alive. I explained the idea and how I want to have it develop & see it grow. I even pointed out that it would fit in great with two of their programs. This is a sample of the letter I got in return:


While we appreciate input and suggestions from our Guests and friends, we have a very busy creative staff developing new product ideas all the time, and can't even keep up with these, let alone unsolicited suggestions from the public. Since great minds tend to think alike, it is also quite possible that many of these ideas may overlap with the ideas our product team is in the process of developing. Ideas in and of themselves are a dime a dozen. It is the implementation of those ideas that take time, money, research in order to be successful and we have our energies focused on what we already have in development.

Can you say rude? How did this woman get to be incharge of a company if this is her attitude? All she had to say was thank you but we have so many ideas we are working with right now. Good luck.

Nope--I get the boss from The Devil Wears Prada. I really like how she points out "ideas ......... are a dime a dozen. It is the implementation of those ideas..." Isn't that what I am trying to do? Implement the idea? I have the info. I have the story layout for five books. I have everything but the illustrations and the access to a publisher. That's all I need. Witch.