Friday, May 19, 2006

Sweet Surprises

Dontcha just love little surprises? I do. I am not a fan of ones where the person who is surprising you is right there & people can watch your reaction, but I like the ones that come out-of-the-blue and are just simple & sweet. I went to wrap up the seemster with one of my schools & had to clear out my mailbox. In it were a TON of papers & a gold box that I would recognize anywhere. Godiva. A small box of it sitting in MY mailbox. What could this be? I gasped because it was not just a Godiva box but it was one of those giftboxes from Barnes & Noble! Score! It had a 4-piece box of candy & a giftcard for me to spend. Awww! Two of the ladies who have taken four -- count them...four-- classes with me and will be finishing the program soon did this. They are unbelievable.

I then had dinner with Gram tonight. She is too cute for words. She had a whole chicken dinner cooked & we chatted away. She then brought out the sweetest watermelon I have had in a long time. Yummy! I had to run to Target & asked her if she wanted anything. She said no, but has been asking to try Starbucks coffee for about a month now. I reminded her that there is one inside Target. She grinned widely & said "Okay, but only if you get something too". Far be it from me to pass up a coffee, so I ran over, did my shopping, and ran back with coffee. She loved it! Her actual comment was "Ooo...I could go for this regularly." LOL That's my Gram!