Thursday, May 18, 2006

What a Lulu of a Day

I can't believe the great but odd day I had. I taught.....and the class was quite nice! Shocker.

I then decided that I would rather go to a sample sale in the city than turn in grades at one of my schools. I can always do that tomorrow. So I hopped a train & bolted to the sale. Lulu Guinness is a designer whose handbags I adore. They are always so cute & have little boutiques on the front of them or some sophisticate walking a designer dog. Well, they had slim pickings when I walked in & I was a bit disappointed. But as I strolled through to kill time, seeing as this was the ONLY reason I went in to the city, three employees come out with armloads of new bags. And only one was the coveted boutique picture bag. And I got it! YIPPEE! And it was 70% off of the retail price. I couldn't believe it. So so happy as I got a starbucks & went back to Penn.

I walked to my grandmother's after getting off of the train and spent a few minutes chatting with her. I even got an invite to dinner there tomorrow. Mmmmm...can't wait!

I forgot that I was supposed to work when I got home. And, surprisingly enough, when I did remember this fact, my computer actually allowed me access to the site & I was able to post. This is a rarity with my computer. It has the pop-up blocker that does not block anything BUT the window I need. It's like a sign about my job, right?

Anyway, I was then bestowed the honor of going to dinner with my brother. We had a blast. But I always have fun with him. I even made it home in time to watch the season finale of CSI. I love that show & missed most of the episodes all season due to my job.

What a great day!