Sunday, May 14, 2006

Lunar Lunacy

What is it with people & blaming out-of-character behavior on the poor position of the moon? If you ask me, people are selfish & inconsiderate & just plain weird, but they feel the need to blame their lack of decorum on a large sphere in the galaxy. If you ask me, it's just their excuse for the evening.

KDP & I saw "Friends With Money" last night. There isn't much to say about the movie, except that it was horrible. Jennifer Aniston was so similar to her "Rachel" character. All you have to do is add a pot-smoking addiction to her & save yourself $10. It's a 90 minute film that felt well over two hours.

Anyway, it wasn't the movie that has me riled up, it was the people in the theater. The theater held about 250 people. There were maybe 70 people last night. KDP & I sat down with only four others in there. The chairs rock back & forth & KDP's went so far back she could have hit her head on the floor behind her. So we move down three seats. My new chair? Frozen in its spot. I almost pitched forward because there was no "give" to the chair & I was anticipating it moving a bit when I sat down. She asked if we should move again. I said I was fine & it didn't matter to me anyway. Minutes later, two women walk in at the opposite end of our aisle. They walk the full length of it (completely empty) and sat next to me on the other end. I mean LITERALLY next to me. Her elbow jabbed mine while my arm was on the arm rest. Why did she have to sit right next to me when there were 240 chairs left in the theater? I craned my head around to see just how full the theater was and said to KDP (loud enough, ofcourse), "She had to sit here? Right Here? Are you kidding me?"

Next up--two girls come & sit in the row infront of us diagonal from KDP. They make a fuss about sitting down and then take off their shoes & put their bare feet on the chairs infront of them. EW!!!!! Medical tests have proven that patrons should NEVER go to a theater in shorts or skirts because of all of the contamination on the seats. Why would you put your bare feet on them? A few minutes pass & an usher comes in and says to the girls that people have complained about their bare feet and that they must put shoes on and they may not put their feet on the seats. So the girls giggle a lot & put their shoes on. With that, a very TALL man & his wife/girlfriend come in and sit directly infront of the two girls. There was no way that the one girl would ever see the film because the man was SO TALL! The woman he is with has to go get something, but before she leaves they begin to make-out (disgustingly) right there. They were approximately 40 years old. Grow up! So the girls giggle again & get up & move into our row. With that, an elderly couple come in and sit infront of the giggling, shoeless girls. Keep in mind that the full 70 people are not in the theater yet. Why is everyone congregating around this area? We were at the respective end of the aisle. We were about 3/4 of the way back. I could see if we sat dead center of the theater, but we hadn't.

It's time for the movie. The women next to me talked the entire time in another language. Their phones went off at least three times that I heard. The elderly couple infront of the shoeless girls decided twenty minutes into the film that they didn't like it & got up & left. It was all so weird.

UGH~~movie over & we're out to get a drink. We walk (in my cute new shoes) to The Grand Luxe & there's a wait to even get a spot at the bar! It's 9:15ish. Who the heck is still waiting for a seat at a bar? So we decide to go to Chilis. We walk in there & it's PACKED! Lucky for us, a booth immediately opened in the bar area so we sat down. We ordered nachos & Chambord Margaritas. The nachos were fantastic. The margartias were disgusting! And while I am trying to gag this thing down, we saw six african-american guys completely skip out on their bill at the bar & two of the Chilis staff run out the door after them. We then watched a curly-red-haired woman sit at the bar with a rose & a Corona (in it's bottle) wait for a blind date. She sat there sipping this thing, looking around, and then looking at her phone. All-of-a-sudden, the phone rings, she chats, hangs up, slurps back a 1/3 of the Corona, and then giggles & waves to the bartender & hauls her happy self outside because he finally arrived.

As we left, there was still a big crowd waiting to be seated. It's now 10:45 pm and people are still waiting? This is nuts. And as we are walking out, one well-endowed woman says to another more well-endowed woman, "Aren't you cold?" The larger of the two says (right in my ear) "The Twins are fine!" (She is obviously waving her finger back & forth over her large ....ummm.......yeah.) I didn't need that. So I turn around to KDP & I know the woman heard me & said "Did you hear that. Her "twins" aren't cold. That's good. I needed to know." What is with people??? This is a public place. Families are there. And that was my ear!
Walking to the car, we saw the blind date lady drive past with a man inteh passenger seat. Good for her!

People are weird & thank goodness we have a full cycle to go before the moon is full again. I can't take all of this in one night.