Thursday, May 25, 2006

Our First Business Meeting

If Crau & I can run the business like this all of the time, we are going to have so much fun & get a lot of things accomplished. We drove out to Southampton today for a bit of wine tasting & lunch.

On teh way out ther we talked abuot the loose ends of our business venture & she wrote a ton of notes in our minutes. So many little things to finish but then we will be on a roll. We added ideas to the book, proofed flyers to send out, set pricings & even looked a the website. She did so much of it & there are a few pieces to fill in but it will be up & accessible by late next week! So exciting.

We got to Duck Walk & tried every wine on their list. Needless to say, we were pretty happy by the time we left an hour later. It was onto the town of Southampton itself & we ate at the Publick House Restaurant. Very cute. It's a microbrewery. I would have sampled a beer (maybe) but all of that radler in Munich has filled my beer quota for at leat a year. I don't even want a sip of anything.

Crau had a yummy looking chicken soft taco. I tried to be all beachy & adventurous & ordered a softshell crab sandwich. What I didn't know was that they bread & deep fry the crab and the whole thing (soft shell, legs, inners & all) and smacked into a bun. EW! I ate the inside of the crab, which was good, but that was it. I should have just gone for the baked potato soup & stuck with my good litle irish girl persona.

We then wandered around the two main streets going in to the little shops. I bought a tank & a pair of shorts that say Southampton. So cute!

I did manage to burn while walking outside. Leave it to me to burn in the shade of buildings. The down-side of the whole irish thing--cheap skin.

We couldn't find a Starbucks in the village itself (I know..right?) and stopped a the one with the bank on Rt. 111. That's where Crau got all businessy and turned on the laptop & we looked at the website template that she had set up. Awesome!

What a great & productive day. And to think that this is business! I love it!