Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It's My Party & I'll

Crak had said to me earlier in the week that we had to go out for drinks for my birthday. That would be fine. I am not a birthday person when it comes to my own & prefer the low-key (practically non-existent) type of acknowledgement. So the two of us grabbing a drink at the bar would be perfect.



Ealier in the day, JW had texted me. It was the usual "what are you up to?" that leads back & forth before he finally asks me whatever it is he wants to ask. He wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Isles game at 2pm. I couldn't go......and was so mad because I would like to go to a game one of these days.......and told him I appreciated that he kept me in mind for it & to consider me another time. He asked what I was doing later on that day. Big mouth that I have said I was grabbing drinks with Crak. He said "Oh, I can do that. I'll come too."

When did I invite him? I'm not sure. So I couldn't back out now & told him I'd text him later with the info. I didn't think he'd show up as he forgets things and lots of stuff "pops up" for him anyway.

I texted him and never heard a word.


Crak & I decided on Main Event. We'd meet around 8:30 and have a drink and catch up on some stuff. On my way there, I had a phone call. It's JW asking if I was there yet. Huh? He's coming? UGH! I forgot to tell Crak. Who immediately texts me "Thanks for the heads up". Ooooooooooooooooooooo.................they are there & I am not and I didn't know I'd have to give a 'heads up' because I didn't know he'd actually go & I didn't think it would be an issue and ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.


Not to say that it was an 'issue', per se, but he & Crak are a bit of oil & water. Heck....he & I are oil and water many times. The two of them had not seen nor spoken to each other in a year and a half and she asked him how he's was and his reply? Typical JW with a "Horrible". Okay then! So she hustled him inside & I got there just as she (unknowingly would have to) graciously bought him a drink.

I walked in & saw the look on her face. Huh....five minutes and she's already met her limit. I think that is a new record for him. The two of us chatted while he chimed in with random items to direct the conversation into pity his way. Yeah--that didn't happen. Does he forget who he is dealing with? Crak has a pretty strong personality (in a good way) and so do I. Put us together and some people can't handle it. Again....not in a bad way, but we know how to deal with people & are not afraid to call them on their idiocy(ies).

As we were talking about our days, he drops in "I might go to Hawaii next week". Yeah, sure. So we look up at him (as we are short and he is quite tall) and I start in with "Ah! Hawaii." and sigh. And the two of us begin with how pretty it was & where to go or not go & wanting to go back....but made sure it revolved around us so that he couldn't get a word in edgewise. I feel bad (sometimes) but that is how he has to be dealt with.

I was a bit disappointed in Crak, though, in that I didn't get my "Good morning! Inside outside? Mango smoothies!" announcement that I long to hear.

We were there until 10:45 and decided it was time to head out. I headed home, talking to KDP on the phone, and realized I still had laundry to do for the next day........we were going to AC.

AC Baby!