Friday, March 28, 2008

Blowin' Dice

If you read Crak's entry, then you understand why I am posting this. I wasn't planning on it, but I have been thrust into the situation.

Crak & I have not seen eachother nor have we really chatted much lately due to schedules. I called her on my way to the Farm on Wednesday to confirm for coffee later on that evening. I was five minutes behind schedule and racing like a madwoman to the campus. While we chatted, I made the comment that I am finding this whole "work thing" to be getting in the way of me living. You know, truly living. Getting ready to go, taking books and papers, finding parking (in Guam I might add), and then schlepping all the way in to a classroom to discuss poetry is just not doing it for me right now. Don't get me wrong: I LUV my Farm kids. They are great. I enjoy talking with them, discussing poems with them, and having random tangents as a group. But I have no energy for it anymore.

I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

So it went from there. I said something about winning the lottery. And then I think it went to becoming a personal shopper for someone......because I like shopping and I would have no trouble using someone else's money to assist them in buying the right presents for friends, famly, and special persons. Crak pointed out that they may even throw something my way every now and then. Nice!

And then it segwayed to going to Vegas or AC and trying to attach myself to a high roller/whale and asking if I could be the girl who blows on their dice before rolling it in a craps game (or any game that involves dice). And it went down from there......the conversation....PERVS! How? I am not sure. How well would it work for me to stand on the LVB with a sandwich board that says "I'll blow on your dice for ya". Yeah. Needs work. Lots of work.

Any advice? Suggestions? About the job thing..........not the dice or the blowing on them.