Friday, March 21, 2008

Fresita-licious!

I bought a bottle of a sparkling strawberry wine a few weeks ago & was saving it for a special occassion. I'm not sure, anymore, what constitutes a 'special occassion' and found myself wanting to open it today for no other reason that I wanted to.

Oh. My. Goodness.

It was soooooooooooo yummy. A chilled wine that is gorgeous in color and in aroma, this bottle had sold itself. The packaging alone is festive. It was a frosted bittle lottle with pretty reddish liquid inside and red foil covering the top. The minute I opened it, I was hit with a fragrance of fresh-picked strawberries.

It bubbles and fizzes and those bubbles release more of the fresh summertime scent.

I enjoyed it in a little aperitif glass and now I yearn for the long, warm, endless days that will soon lay ahead with me sipping this chilled wine of choice.