Wednesday, March 05, 2008

How Do I

I was online Friday night (my lame night of being happy to stay in) and I received an odd instant message. It was from the Military Man. I have not heard from him in ages. That was fine with me. I did not like him & he was so rude.

He starts out the iming vague and curious about what I was doing that night. Then, out of nowhere, he hits me with news. That I'd have to pass on because what I was informed of was something that would be more meaningful.......and sad........for someone else.

Great. How do I do this? Tell this person the news that I have? When is a good time? Never. How do I say it tactfully? I don't know if there is/was a way.

I called the cell. Went right to voicemail. Drat. This is not something to leave on a cell. I would not want an accident to occur from having picked up the message while driving....or while out having fun.

I called the house. No answer. The machine picked up. Now what? I had to leave a message. But it was the somber "call me when you can" type. No good either, but it was all I knew to do.

I got the call the next morning and relayed the message. Silence. The recipient stated a line of concern and then said it again three times. UGH! I was so uncomfortable doing this on the phone but didn't want to wait to do it in person......in public.........sitting on it would be more awkward.

I still do not know if what I did was right. I run it in my brain over & over because I can't believe it myself.

It makes you wonder. It makes you really consider.