Sunday, September 24, 2006

Convocation Crap

The last post I left off with should have detailed the first major meeting of teh new academic year. It's great. Twice a year we are forced to sit through the same lies that never change. Crak, Blessed Mary, & I did not pay much attention to what was going on. We write notes, play hangman, and Crak has been bringing Time Out NY with her to entertain & plan the nights out that keep escaping us.

The meeting ended rather early before the lunch break. Our group does not like to waste time & we wanted to move up our afternoon dept. meeting to 11:30 so that we could eat lunch & then (hopefully) go. We volunteered Crak to go ask the chair if we could have the meeting & the chair said no. ??? Why, you ask? She needed "down time". Time to relax & unwind from the 2 1/2 hours we had been sitting there. I understand this, but come on. Who doesn't want to get out early?

Disruntled, Crak & I went to the cafeteria where we tried to put together tables for our department. SOmehow--a bunch of oddly-mixed stragglers sat with us. Crak was so hoping that the chair would do her socially inept routine & tell them that they ahd to leave, but this didn't happen, much to our dismay.

Surprisingly enough, while eating burnt pasta (I know--don't ask) the chair held our meeting over lunch. SHOCKER! It was quick, short, and sweet.

We had a stupid fire drill & one more info session & then it'd be time to bolt. I was leaving soon after this pointless meeting to go to Gettysburg & Crak asked me if I was "giving an adress". I did not get this when she asked....I blame it on having had to sit through the mindless drivvel.